Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (MWSC) is the provider of water and sewerage services in Chingola, Mufulira and Chililabombwe. The Company invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position in Chingola:
- Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Delivery, the job holder shall be responsible for performing civil/water engineering activities involving planning, carrying out day to day inspections of civil works during the construction and rehabilitation of the water networks and water treatment infrastructure.
- Carrying out preliminary in-house designs of all civil/water works from specifications, drawings and basic design data to engineering drawings to ensure that they are in line with the overall project design
- Carrying out preliminary reviews of the civil/water engineering designs to and from the PIC and MWSC from specifications, sketches and basic design data to engineering drawings to ensure that they are in line with the overall project design
- Preparing and/or carrying out preliminary reviews of technical (civil/water) specifications of tender documents for the supply of goods, works and services for approval
- Participating in tender evaluation and awarding of contracts for the projects as assigned
- Supervising the execution of all civil works and ensuring timely completion of assignments within defined budget and schedules
- Submitting monthly progress reports for all works under his/her supervision
- Carrying out preliminary scrutiny of payment certificates from contractors, suppliers and consultants in readiness for payment
- Working closely with the Community Mobilization and Social Specialist on community water and sanitation activities of the project.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Civil/Water Engineering or closely related field
- At least 5 years’ experience with 3 years’ experience in design, project implementation and supervision preferably in water supply and sewerage
- Registered Engineer with the Engineering Registration Board (ERB) and Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Proficiency project management and engineering design software (AutoCAD)
- Should have traceable design and project supervisory skills
- A team player with ability to supervise a skilled and diverse team.
How to Apply
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive CV including your contact telephone number and certified copies of your certificates to the address below.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources,
Mulonga Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Musonko House, Kabundi Road,
PO Box 11712, Chingola.