The Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) is a body corporate established under the Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training (TEVET) Act No. 13 of 1998 and the TEVET (Amendment) Act No. 11 of 2005. TEVETA was established to regulate, monitor and co-ordinate Technical Education, Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training in consultation with industry, employers, workers and other stakeholders. TEVETA wishes to recruit qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacant positions.
- To handle front office reception and administration duties, including greeting guests, answering phones, handling inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail., receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directing visitors to the appropriate person and office, maintaining unit/divisional visitor’s directories and giving them instructions.
- Ensuring reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures, fliers).
- Providing basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receiving, sorts and distributes daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintaining office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges and access control cards)
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Front Office Operations
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Customer Focus
- Certificate in Front Office Operations
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate
- Possession of Secretarial Certificate an added advantage
- Minimum Relevant Experience
- Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
How to Apply
Letters of application accompanied with a CV detailing achievements, how you meet the requirements of the job including names of three traceable referees, (email addresses and mobile phone contacts to be included), should be addressed to:
The Acting Director General Technical Education,
Vocational and Entrepreneurship Training Authority (TEVETA) Bird Cage Walk,
Longacres Private Bag RW 16X,