Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) is a statutory body established by Act Number 4 of 2017 to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national and international markets. The Act mandates ZABS, among others, to undertake standardization, product certification, testing and training services.
Vacancies. The Zambia Bureau of Standards wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
Purpose of Job:
- Undertake the development of national standards in order to enhance the quality, safety and competitiveness of products and services on the market
- Undertakes effectively the development of national standards in order to contribute to the enhancement of quality, safety and competitiveness of products and services on the market.
- Undertake regularly the harmonization of Zambian Standards with those in the region and the rest of the world in order to improve the competitiveness of Zambian products and services locally and internationally.
- To adhere to laid down procedures in the development of Zambian Standards and suggest areas of improvement.
- Undertakes regularly the provision of secretarial services to the Technical Committees on standards development in order to facilitate their smooth operations.
- Facilitate identification of remedial measures on standards through effective implementation of monitoring and evaluation programmes.
- Ensure timely revision and amendment of Zambian standards so that they are in line with the state of the art and technology applicable for the products and services.
- Prepare accurate activity monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports incorporating recommendations to facilitate necessary interventions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual activity and implementation programmes.
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related program
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a food/manufacturing industry
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to write technical reports
- Ability to speak English fluently.
- Computer literate
- Added advantage – Knowledge in ISO 9001 standard
How to Apply
Interested persons should email their application letters supported by copies of academic and professional qualifications with detailed CV's and 3 traceable referees to: no hard copies will be accepted not later than:
Kindly note that the Rural Electrification Authority is an equal opportunity employer and women are equally encouraged to apply,
The Director -Human Resource and Administration,
Rural Electrification Authority,
5033 Longolongo Road,
Post.Net Box 349,
Private Bag E891,