The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of 2009. The Health Professions Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is ‘to regulate professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners and institutions in order to assure the provision of quality health services.’The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position:
To undertake effectively the maintenance of accurate records of goods, services and records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Council as well as responsible for receiving of purchased goods, maintenance of stock levels of various items belonging to the Authority and issuance of stores items.
- Prepares timely and accurately stores plan in order to facilitate decision making
- Manages and undertakes effectively the maintenance of an up-to-date stores register in order to minimise the commodity stock outs.
- Manages effectively the maintenance of accurate records of goods, services and records in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Receives purchased items and Issues out goods/stock items to users
- Certifies quality and quantity of goods prior to issuance of GRV
- Rejects goods not meeting with description and advises Finance not to pay
- Issues out goods/stock items to users and ensures that users do not overdraw stock items
- Arranges monthly stock-takes for control and accounting purposes
- Maintains approved stock levels to avoid stock outs
- Receives, inspects and ensures that goods are of right quality and quantity according to orders
- Carries out day to day checks of stocks to avoid thefts or pilferage
- Raises Goods Receiving Vouchers for all delivered purchases
- Maintains complete security and safe custody of goods/ stocks by ensuring that the doors to stores are locked all the time after use
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Report to the Senior Procurement Officer
- Full grade twelve(12)/ Form five (5) Certificate
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply level 5 or above
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing Supply (ZIPS) with a valid practising certificate
- Minimum of two (02) years’ work experience in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory Statutory board or Public Institutions will be an added advantage
- Goal-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision and able to collaborate well with a diverse team.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and Knowledgeable of most used packages
How to Apply
Please, note that, only applicants who meet the Knowledge and skills requirements should send Application letters which must include daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green national Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
Health Professions Council of Zambia,
PO Box 32554,
+260 211 239317