- Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice is in the process of identifying and recruiting a highly qualified personnel to be based in the Country Office at Lusaka and Reporting directly to the Country Director.
A non-Governmental Organisation which actively unites children, communities and other people who share our mission of, a just world that advances children rights and equality for girls, to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- The Country HRODM will partner with the Country Director and the Country Leadership Team (CLT) to deliver the optimal organization structure and expected work culture to enable effective delivery of the Country Strategy (2016-2020).
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the HR and OD function maximizing the opportunities to attract, build and retain an effective team supportive of the Plan’s business needs while fully being cognizant of the risks posed by the local context and the needs of staff in the changing environment.
- Ensure that Plan’s HR policies are understood and practiced.
- They will be expected to develop and facilitate process that create gender responsive and inclusive work environment while adhering to Plan’s code of conduct, safeguarding children and youth and gender equality and inclusion policies among others.
- Ensure that Plan International Zambia HR functions comply with local labour laws.
- The role is expected to uphold and promote Plan Internationals’ values, the Child Protection Policy, code of conduct and other ethical values related to Zambian laws.
- Ensure that an excellent team is planned, skilled and resourced to optimize Plan’s program impact, reach and quality.
- Support management on workforce planning for current and future needs and the definition of roles within budget to ensure the delivery of agreed strategies and individual projects.
- Periodically review the organisational structure, roles and competency requirements and ensure up-to-date job descriptions for each position in collaboration with line managers and in line with Plan standards
- Ensure that all recruitment and selection processes are timely, transparent and fair, observing equal opportunities and Plan’s Gender and Child Protection policies and works towards achieving a diverse workforce which will support the delivery of Plan’s goals.
- Support grants growth by working with colleagues to ensure optimal cost recovery of HR needs is achieved through involvement at proposal writing and during implementation
Plan International organization structure:
- Ensure CO and PU’s restructure processes are rolled out smoothly facilitating key communications on organization structure changes.
- Ensure legal review and advise on restructure process and staff consultation and contract administration is delivered as per policy
- Support and nurture a high performance work culture well embedded on Plan International values and behaviours
- Ensure that Staff joining Plan International CO is effectively informed about the organisation, its strategies and the purpose of their role in the fulfilment of strategy
- Support in training new staff on use of the HRIS system for timesheet recording, performance management and recruitment modules etc
- Oversees training of all Plan International CO staff with line management responsibilities so they are clear about their roles and responsibilities within Plan’s performance management system and have the skills to fulfil them.
- Ensures that all global policies related to performance management are adhered to within Plan International CO, including the mandated timetable for the process.
- Develop systems for monitoring the use of the performance ratings and work with management to ensure that they are applied consistently and fairly.
Staff Learning and development:
- Coordinating the implementation of training plans and programmes including communicating and evaluating learning to meet strategic and operational priorities.
- Staff leaving Plan has a smooth timely clearance process
- Ensure contract ends/renewals and dismissals are managed appropriately and that processes are managed in best practise and in line with local labour laws, other applicable laws and Plan’s policies.
Required Skills / Attributes
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Proven skills in the full range of general HR.
- Strategic planning and Human Resourcing requirements
- Communication – excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
- HRIS knowledge
Qualification and Experience
- A Post Graduate Degree in Human Resources Management, organisation development, Industrial Relations or related field
- An MBA will be added advantage
- Atleast a minimum of 10 years continuous experience in HR
- Proven experience in Work Force Planning, Staff training and Performance management
- Demonstrated relevant progressive experience in similar posts with International NGO
- Deeper understanding of the various HR Policies, Procedures and Practices
- Knowledge of operationalising HR in volatile emergency conditions is an advantage
- Knowledge of organisational development
- Must be a member of ZIHRM
How to apply
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations. Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.