The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- This position reports to the Procurement Associate.
- The incumbents at this level are responsible for completion of a range of procurement processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices.
- Job holders are able to recommend straightforward courses of action to staff, and may allocate tasks and technically support other staff.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate/diploma in the Purchasing and Supply, Procurement and or related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language.
- To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support the Country and Field Offices in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient operations.
- Receive all incoming purchase requests and verify to ensure that approvals/charge codes and specifications are in line with procurement procedure / delegation of authority.
- Prepare Wings Purchase Orders, ensuring their approval and communicating them to suppliers and ensuring that Purchase Order acknowledgements are received from Suppliers
- Prepare Requests for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bid (ITB) and Request for Proposal (RFP) in line with WFP guideline and procedure
- Participate in the suppliers’ shortlisting panel meeting for shortlisting suppliers for RFs/RFP/ITB upon receipt of purchase requests.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Assist with preparation of payment requests, matching invoices with purchase orders
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, ensuring receipts are verified and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach the requesting Units on time.
- Carry out annual suppliers performance review and supplier database update.
- Produce the necessary reports for review and for information to Management
- Market Prices research
- Supplier Contract Management
- Ensure that goods/services received are compliant with appropriate quality requirements, warranty requirements and specifications before processing payment
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records for suppliers, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to support reporting requirements.
- Manage the procurement filing and archiving system, ensure all audit files are updated and labelled;
- Assist in the contracting processes for Cash Based Transfers.
- Identify and recommend potential superintendents, and compile data/documents to support the selection of food inspection companies, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Involvement in the supplier assessments for local food procurement and maintaining SHF vendor list
- Prepare and monitor Purchase Orders with the food inspectors for local purchases guided by WFP and local food standards ensuring timely inspections and distribution of safe and quality food commodities in WFP operations
- Offer advise to other Units on Procurement Processes
- Perform Secretariat activities during PCC Committees Meetings
- Timely Procurements of Food, Services and NFIs in order to meet the goals of the Organisations
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives:
- Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change:
- Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team:
- Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions:
- Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills:
- Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
Create an inclusive culture:
- Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback:
- Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit:
- Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions:
- Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Focus on getting results:
- Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Make commitments and make good on commitments:
- Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units:
- Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable:
- Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships:
- Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: