The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), is a statutory body established by the Government of the Republic of Zambia under section 3 of the Civil Aviation Authority Act (Act No.7) of 2012. The CAA is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Inspector, Licencing, reporting to the Chief Inspector Personnel Licencing under Directorate of Flight Safety Standards.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Licensing of all flight crew and all personnel performing aviation related duties.
- Maintain an updated register of all licensed personnel.
- Conduct routine surveillance on all operators and licensed personnel, to ensure compliance.
- Conducting skills tests and approvals of designated flight examiners.
- Conduct inspections and approvals of ATO and FSTD.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate with credits in English and Mathematics
- Hold an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL).
- Flying experience of at least 10000 flight hours of which 5000 hours as a pilot in command, on aircraft above 5700kg.
- Experience as Type Rating Instructor (TRI) or Type Rating Examiner (TRE) or Qualified Flight Instructor (QFI).
- Knowledge and understanding of ZCARs, ICAO Annex 1 and SARPS.
- Civil or Military aviation management experience an added advantage.
- Any other relevant qualifications in the field will be an added advantage
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team player
How Apply to:
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including two (2) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director - Corporate Affairs & Board Secretary,
Civil Aviation Authority,
Former Zambia Airways Technical Base Hanger 38/947,
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport,