AB Bank Zambia Ltd is a registered Commercial Bank in Zambia and a member of the Access Microfinance Holding AG (“AccessHolding”) network which specialises in Microfinance Banking. AB Bank was established in 2011 by a group of international shareholders from the public and private sector. The main partners are AccessHolding, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and KfW Development Bank.
The bank is committed to presenting every agro, micro, small and medium sized business owner an opportunity to eliminate financial restrictions and grow their business by granting them access to a broad range of appropriate financial services, regardless of their social status.
AB Bank is dedicated to financing entrepreneurship, changing lives and subsequently contributing to the growth of the economy through aiding the majority of Zambians with financial assistance through a sustainable and efficient manner.
About The Role
- We are currently seeking senior expertise in the agricultural and rural lending fields in preparation for delivering a series of agricultural lending projects.
- All projects are focussed on development and implementation of new customer centric agricultural lending products and processes as well as enhancement and expansion of respective operations.
- Specific tasks, team structures, deployment locations and other terms and conditions will be determined based on project development and specific skills and qualifications of candidates.
About the Programme
- The programme is scheduled to start in fall 2018 and last 18 to 24 months.
- The main location will be in the city of Chipata (Zambia, at the boarder to Malawi).
- The programme includes components of detailed customer needs analysis, product definitions, process design, digitalisation of loan delivery processes, as well as the implementation, business development and monitoring of sustainable agro lending operations.
- Five 5 years work experience in rural and agricultural lending (of which at least 3 years in a team leading position in advising)
- Proven track record of successful development / management of commercial agricultural lending operations
- Experience in designing products and implementing specific lending schemes to meet the demand of the rural and agricultural sector
- Proven track record in training MSME and agricultural loan officers in lending operations in transition and/or developing countries
- Full oral and written fluency in English
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel nationally, especially within rural Zambia, including for possible medium to longer-term relocations.
- Additional Assets
- Management experience in an MFI or bank with MSME and agricultural lending operations
- Experience in relationship management with stakeholders, creditors and local authorities
- Local Zambian languages
- Intercultural competence
How to Apply
Candidates who meet our minimum requirements should submit: A motivation letter of no more than one page, outlining:
Key career achievements relevant to the work
Availability (short-term / long-term) and earliest starting date
Motivation to work with AB Bank in Zambia
CV of no more than 3 pages
Applications should be sent by email to: