Job Main Purpose
To co-ordinate, control and timeously execute all operations on the farm by effectively utilising all the available resources as per approved production and financial plans.
Key Performance Areas:
• Agricultural Operations.
• Farm Equipment Management and Maintenance.
• Administration and Records
• Personnel: Development, Relationships and Welfare.
• Co-ordinate all Production Planning, Conservation practices and field operational programmes.
• Take direct responsibility for Replant programme, field layouts and planting operations in conjunction with the relevant Farm Managers, as agreed to by the O.M.
• Act as Irrigation Planner and Scheduler for the crops under his control
• Control Pest and Disease programme as planned.
• Ensure that all equipment, Implements, Tractors and machinery are correctly calibrated and prepared ahead of all field operations. Every operation is to be checked each time a new field is started
• Assist with and compile schedules annually with the farm Workshop & Technical manager. This includes use, cleaning and maintenance and storage of all equipment and machinery.
• Ensure that all irrigation equipment is in good working order and that the pump maintenance programme is in place. Carry out random checks with the supervisors on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all Estate Buildings are in a sound operational condition ensuring a safe environment for employees to work in.
• Ensure that crop yields are collated and recorded accurately by field/orchard monthly and annually.
• Advise and assist Operations Management with the completion of Budgets (yearly by October) and do cost controls regularly for submission to O.M. by the end of each calendar month.
• Ensure that channels are open and followed between subordinates and chair meetings where necessary.
How to Apply
Submit your CV to: