Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organisation that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Office, based in Lusaka for the position of Administrative Assistant:
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
Remuneration: Annual Base Salary range of K33,000 – K36,000
- Responsible for reception duties, and incoming calls.
- Handle requests for information and data and resolve minor administrative problems and enquiries.
- Support the office staff with international travel arrangements.
- Research and assist the staff with the preparation of various documents and reports, including brochures/pamphlets.
- Prepare copies, agendas, packages, and minutes for meetings as required.
- Keep records up to date reports and assets in a timely manner.
- In coordination with the Finance Officer, handle petty cash and complete accountability report as requested.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications, collecting and mailing correspondence.
- Photocopying and scanning of documents as assigned by supervisor.
- Keeping the offices, office surroundings and kitchen clean.
- Prior to office opening at 8:00 ensure the office is in good order.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in one of the following; Human Resource, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field.
- At least 1-year experience in an International Non-Governmental Organization or other reputable organizations.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning all office information.
- Ability to use diplomatic approach when dealing with people.
- Well-structured and organized in coordinating and tracking tasks on time.
- Ability to work well as a team effectively.
- Good attention to detail.
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
1-page letter clearly indicating how the candidate meets each of the qualifications, skills and experience above.
Updated CV (not more than (4) four pages)- starting with the most recent role to:
or hand delivered to our office,
4135/17 Mambilima Road Rhodes Park,