Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organisation that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Office, based in Lusaka for the position of Maintenance and Operation Coordinator:
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Remuneration: Annual Base Salary range of K80,000 – K84, 000
- Ensure that all rehabilitations are in accordance with Living Water Quality Standards.
- Ensure that there is long term functionality of water systems that need to be rehabilitated.
- Ensure projects are in an area supported by operation and maintenance plan.
- Develop operation and maintenance plans for Living Water projects.
- Test the water quality during all project site revisits and conduct inspection of water system condition.
- Enter all Living Water Zambia projects in the Living Water Information System (LWIS).
- Participate in operations meetings at the regional level.
- Orientate and train field staff on LWIS.
- Conduct site visits for Living Water International Zambia projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in one of the following; Water Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Public Health, Environmental Health, Development Studies or a related field.
- Diploma in Water Engineering with relevant trainings in water quality.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role with an NGO/INGO.
- Previous experience in designing and delivery of trainings in hygiene and sanitation for communities or schools.
- Experience in operation maintenance.
- Must be proficient in MS programs.
- Fluency in reading, writing & speaking English
- Proficient in report writing.
- Driving experience with Clean Driving license will be added advantage
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit;
1-page letter clearly indicating how the candidate meets each of the qualifications, skills and experience above.
Updated CV (not more than (4) four pages)- starting with the most recent role to: or hand delivered to our office Plot 4135/17,
Mambilima Road Rhodes Park,