Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organisation that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water in Africa is providing safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists in the Zambia Office, based in Lusaka for the position of Community Mobilization Coordinator:
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Remuneration: Annual Base Salary range of K80,000 – K84,000
- Initial identification of WPA communities through a process of short listing, verification and validation with District council offices. Base selections on Living Water International philosophy statement directed by need driven by community willingness to manage and sustain the interventions.
- Recruitment of water committees (WCs) or such water supply management structures based on LWI sustainability partnership criteria. Ensuring water committee structures include local community leaders, church leaders, school leaders and community members to ensure gender equality and broad representation.
- Lead the water committee in the application process for acceptance into the LWI Zambia program
- Responsible to engage, explain and answer questions from CBO’s regarding the LWI Zambia – WPA.
- Ensure selected communities sign the MOUs.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual sustainability plans and Budgets.
- In consultation with, water committees and District council office propose to Regional technical team water supplies maintenance and supply chain strategies/structure and plan
- Train water committees in specific areas like financial management, Operation and maintenance, group dynamics and WCs management strategies.
- Regular follow up water management structures to ensure they are accountable to their part of the memorandum of understanding.
- Conduct monthly support visit with the WCs.
- Communicate to the Operations Director any needs of rehab or repair for projects in communities that are under warranty.
- Collect water samples from sites when needed.
- Be familiar with LWI global quality standards and ensure compliance in the sustainability component
- Work directly with local community leaders, church leaders, school leaders and community members to form gender equal WCs.
- To guide WCs in the development of asset based local solution strategies that will ensure the future sustainability of the LWI provided water project.
- Encourage WCs to expand their role beyond the management of the water source to getting involved in other developmental work.
- Ensure the local church is intentionally involved in the sustainability plan.
- Maintain an up-to-date Log /Data base of water sustainability.
- Produce accurate, timely, concise and high quality reports e.g. assessments, activity monthly, quarterly, annually reports.
- Annually review the functionality of WPA water systems in consultation with the M&E officer and provide recommendations to the Operations Manager to guide annual planning.
- Document best practices in sustainability for country program and sector learning.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in one of the following; Development Studies, Public Health, Education, Water and Sanitation or a related field.
- A Diploma in a Development field/Social Work with at least 3 years’ experience in community mobilization.
- 3 years’ community engagement experience in the development or water sector.
- Experience in community based operation and maintenance or waste sector.
- People management and logistics administration experience
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Strong office Microsoft office applications.
- Willing to commit long and interactive hours.
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit;
1-page letter clearly indicating how the candidate meets each of the qualifications, skills and experience above.
Updated CV (not more than (4) four pages)- starting with the most recent role to: or hand delivered to our office Plot 4135/17,
Mambilima Road Rhodes Park,