- Chitambo, Mkushi, Serenje, Luanshya, Kalulushi, Ndola, Chipata, Katete, Chadiza, Bangweulu/Samfya/Lunga, Nchelenge, Chiengi, Rufunsa, Chongwe, Kafue, Chinsali, Shiwang’andu, Isoka, Mungwi, Mpulungu, Kasama, Kasempa, Solwezi, Mwinilunga, Gwembe (Chipepo), Siavonga, Sinazongwe, Mwandi, Sioma and Kaoma.
- The Government of the Republic of Zambia, through the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock with support trom The African Development Bank is implementing the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project whose objective is to contribute to economic growth as well as provide food and nutrition security in Zambia.
- The Project development objective is to advance the aquaculture sub-sector as a viable and inclusive business opportunity, through enhanced production and productivity, in order to improve the livelihoods of beneficiaries along the aquaculture value chain.
This objective will be achieved through: a) support and promotion of reliable access to quality input and output markets:
- Competitively priced risk sharing access to finance and c) creation of an enabling infrastructure environment, which in turn is expected to facilitate the entry of new actors and expansion of business opportunities by the existing players in the industry.
- Specifically targeted fish farmers will improve their business and managerial skills and the quality of their productive systems in order to increase output, efficiently, while keeping fish prices affordable and meeting growing demand from the lucrative domestic market.
The Deportment of Fisheries is the Implementing Agency for the Project while CEEC is an Implementing Partner under Component 1 of the Project:
- Support to Aquaculture Enterprise, responsible for managing the Seed Fund of the Project to support the development of the Aquaculture Value Chain through the provision of business loans and business development services to target beneficiaries along the Aquaculture Value Chain.
- Accoraingly, and in line with its mandate under CEE Act No.9 of 2006 CEEC will provide business loans and technical assistance to MSMEs all stages of the Aquaculture Value Chain to make it possible for all segments (production, transportation, storage and handling, processing, marketing etc.) to receive the business support necessary to lift the entire value chain in target districts.
The deliverables or CEEC will include:
- Stakeholder sensitization and mobilization
- Production and administration of a Seed Fund Manual
- Disbursement and management ot business loans to Aquaculture Value Chain Players
- Provision of Business Development Services to the target MSMEs
- General Seed Fund coordination and management
Description of Assignment
- The District Aquaculture Business Extension Officers (DABEO) will be responsible for the provision and/or facilitation of credit management, business development and technical services to the project component beneficiaries along the Aquaculture Value Chain at district level,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive orientation and training from and through CEEC so as to be adequately able to effectively deliver credit and business development services to project component beneficiaries along the Aquaculture Value Chain at district level.
- Under the oversight ot the Aquaculture Business Development Specialist and the technical direction of the CEEC Provincial Coordinator undertake due diligence activities at district level, undertake loan recoveries from loan beneficiaries and support other credit management functions to ensure good performance at the credit portfolio in the district.
- Under the oversight of the Aquaculture Business Development Specialist and the Technical direction of the CEEC Provincial Coordinator, in order to enhance the competitiveness of the client MSMEs, continuously impart business skills in farmers through the provision of Business Development Services to the MSMEs, covering stakeholder sensitization, business plan development and implementation support, client mentoring, market linkages, project monitoring, etc.
- Collaborate and coordinate closely on a regular basis with relevant stakeholders and partners level t0 ensure project success.
- Under the oversight of the Aquaculture Business Development Specialist and the technical direction of the CEEC Provincial Coordinator, collaborate with the
Departrnent of Fisheries to facilitate the provision of technical services to project component beneficiaries:
- technical services such as pond and cage culture husbandry, establishment and management of fish hatcheries, specification of fish species and fish feeds, technical training of beneficiaries, provision of extension services, etc.
- Analyze and report all problems experienced in project implementation, so that remedial actions can be promptly taken.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and work plans and progress reports so that activities are well coordinated to maintain focus targets for the District.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum qualification of Diploma in Aquaculture/Fisheries Science, Agriculture or any related fields
- A minimum of 2 years field experience working in Extension Services:
- Experience in Aquaculture will be an added advantage.
- Motorbike experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in the Africa region is required.
- Experience in Zambia is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Duration of the Assignment
- The duration of the assignment shall commence from September 2018 and shall be renewed annually, based on performance, up to the closing date of the Project (31 Dec. 2022).
- The Aquaculture Business Extension Officer will be located within the Districts. with travels to where Project activities are being carried out.
Language of Assignment
- The language of the assignment shall be English Language though working language of the dominant languages in the preferred of operation would be desirable.
How to Apply
All applications in writing should be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents (Note: do not send originals) with the names and addresses of three referees, one of which should be the last or current employer. Send to the address below:
The Director General Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission,
6457 Los Angeles Boulevard,
PO Box 35068,