The Government of the Republic of Zambia, through the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock with support trom The African Development Bank is implementing the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project whose objective is to contribute to economic growth as well as provide food and nutrition security in Zambia. The Project development objective is to advance the aquaculture sub-sector as a viable and inclusive business opportunity, through enhanced production and productivity, in order to improve the livelihoods of beneficiaries along the aquaculture value chain.
This objective will be achieved through:
- Support and promotion of reliable access to quality input and output markets:
- Competitively priced risk sharing access to finance and c) creation of an enabling infrastructure environment, which in turn is expected to facilitate the entry of new actors and expansion of business opportunities by the existing players in the industry.
- Specifically targeted fish farmers will improve their business and managerial skills and the quality of their productive systems in order to increase output, efficiently, while keeping fish prices affordable and meeting growing demand from the lucrative domestic market.
The Deportment of Fisheries is the Implementing Agency for the Project while CEEC is an Implementing Partner under Component 1 of the Project:
- Support to Aquaculture Enterprise, responsible for managing the Seed Fund of the Project to support the development of the Aquaculture Value Chain through the provision of business loans and business development services to target beneficiaries along the Aquaculture Value Chain.
- Accoraingly, and in line with its mandate under CEE Act No.9 of 2006 CEEC will provide business loans and technical assistance to MSMEs all stages of the Aquaculture Value Chain to make it possible for all segments (production, transportation, storage and handling, processing, marketing etc.) to receive the business support necessary to lift the entire value chain in target districts.
The Deliverables or Ceec Will Include:
- Stakeholder sensitization and mobilization
- Production and administration of a Seed Fund Manual
- Disbursement and management ot business loans to Aquaculture Value Chain Players
- Provision of Business Development Services to the target MSMEs
- General Seed Fund coordination and management
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to: Project Accountant
- Maintain accounts payables ledgers and ensure that all supplier invoices and contract payments are captured and updated into the Pastel Accounting System.
- Ensure that all outstanding travel imprests are fully retired and retirement forms together with field reports are attached to payment vouchers, and ensure that all unretired travel imprests are recovered.
- Ensure that all finance documentation ore property and Systematically filed to facilitate quick retrieval and proper transaction referencing.
- Process petty cash reimbursements and prepare weekly petty cash count reports.
- Prepare all cheque payments and supporting documentation
- Undertake bank runs to perform bank agency duties.
- Assist in keeping the fixed assets register updated with all details and ensure capital additions disposals are updated to the asset registe’ on a timely basis.
- Assist with updating the records of expenditure justifications.
- Assist with cap tunng of all cashbook transaction in pastel on a doily basis.
- Assist with the management of stores by ensuring all stock purchases and issues are updated into the Paste; Accounting System.
- Prepare Project Accounts and financial statements in fine with International Financial Reporting Standards and in compliance with CEEC and AfDB requirements
Undertake highly, effective and detailed communication with the Project Accountant:
- Report and analyse problems all problems experienced with the project accounts, so that remedial actions can promptly be taken
- Perform other responsibilities os may be assigned by superiors from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Finalist qualified ZICA Licentiate, ACCA, or CIMA
- Must be a member of ZICA
- Proficiency in Pastel Evolution
- At least 3 years relevant work experience
Duration of the Assignment
- The duration of the assignment shall commence from September 2018 and shall be renewed annually, based on performance, up to the closing date of the Project (31 Dec. 2022).
- The Assistant Accountant will be located within the Project Management Team of the CEEC, Lusaka, Zambia.
Language of Assignment
- The language of the assignment shall be English Language though working language of the dominant languages in the preferred of operation would be desirable.
How to Apply
All applications in writing should be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents (Note: do not send originals) with the names and addresses of three referees, one of which should be the last or current employer. Send to the address below:
The Director General Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission,
6457 Los Angeles Boulevard,
PO Box 35068,