About the BBC Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation, We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
- The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million.
- As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
- We are looking for a talented and experienced field producer with excellent spoken and written English to join the Africa Service and work across all platforms.
- You need to demonstrate that you are an experienced Journalist with creative ideas for TV, digital and radio and have a desire to report news in a fair and unbiased way.
- A career at the BBC offers you an opportunity to tell stories that can change lives.
- The aim of BBC Africa is to showcase the diverse ideas and aspirations from across the continent.
- A Field Producer is expected to organise, gather, process and deliver multimedia content responding promptly to news and other relevant editorial developments.
- You will suggest and research stories or story elements for BBC Africa Service and other BBC services if requested by the editors/line managers and find contributors and interviewees as appropriate to the required specification.
- You will offer ideas for items in a range of platforms; suggest and develop special projects in Africa and to actively contribute to the editorial planning process.
- The Field Producer will be expected to go on duty trips to gather information for output with a correspondent and/or a shoot/edit, or individually, as required
Are you the right candidate?
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English, both in written and spoken form with the ability to communicate effectively on a high level.
- You will need to be creative in TV and digital storytelling techniques and interested in developments of new formats and as well as new ways of gathering and processing material from the field for multiple platforms.
- It will be important to be able to manage time and handle multiple tasks efficiently as well as having a thorough understanding of the BBC’s distinctive news agenda, and of the background and context of events in the region.
Department: BBC Africa TV
BBC Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- BBC Africa Regional Deployments Editor
- Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Zambia
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: