About the BBC Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
- The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million.
- As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
- We are looking for a creative and experienced Shoot Edit to join the Africa Service and work across all platforms.
- You need to demonstrate that you are experienced in filming and delivering creative ideas for TV and digital.
- A career at the BBC offers you an opportunity to tell stories that can change lives. The aim of BBC Africa is to showcase the diverse ideas and aspirations from across the continent in an impartial fair way.
- The Shoot Edit will provide high-quality and creative filming from the field, edit video and feed the material back to base.
- Working closely with a Reporter and Field Producer, you will contribute original ideas to improve the visual and journalistic content of the story and being aware of the different styles and formats that can be used.
- You will visually shape ideas for BBC Africa and the whole range of BBC News multimedia content as well as contribute your own story ideas.
Are you the right candidate?
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in a News broadcasting environment, practicing a range of location craft skills (e.g. camerawork / lighting / editing / location facilities).
- You will have excellent digital skills with a track record of researching and discovering stories and a proven knowledge of issues and stories relevant to African audiences.
- Experience of filming, editing and packaging content for TV and radio is important as well as the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across BBC News and with organisations outside the BBC.
Department: BBC Africa TV
BBC Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: BBC Africa Regional Deployments Editor
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Zambia
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: