Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large — scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM — Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 25 MT PA of ore at an average mill grade of copper, yielding 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia. Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
Purpose of the Position:
- To welcome visitors of Lubambe Copper Mine, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions. Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationary and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Understand the communication process between corporate and mine offices
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Arrange travel and accommodations and prepare vouchers for travelling personnel
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and faxing.
Additional clerical and secretarial duties as directed by:
- CEO, Executive assistant to the CEO, Chief Financial Officer, Communications Manager, Corporate Analyst, Company Secretary and Legal Counsel
- Maintain accuracy in duties, typing and report writing
- Be timely in performance of duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in Public/Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Proven work experience as a receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to: