Fisenge Dairy Business Cooperative Union (FDBCU) is a farmer owned business that primarily deals with dairy farmers. Its core business is milk collection from farmers. The milk is in turn sold to dairy processors. FDBCU also runs other businesses which include selling stock feed and Agro-vet products, and hiring out equipment. FDBCU plans to expand its business by going into milk processing and marketing. Because of this expansion, FDBCU is now looking for a full time dynamic and self-driven Business Manager to oversee the entire cooperative business and drive its growth.
The Business Manager will be based in Luanshya and work from Fisenge.
Overall tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide vision and direction for the business in order to capture and grow the market share of FDBCU’s processed milk and other products.
- Manage and supervise other FDBCU staff.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to grow the business
- Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to
1. Production Management
- Manage the receiving, storage, processing, packaging and sales of raw and processed milk.
- Procure and manage materials for the continuous reception of raw milk and production of pasteurised milk
- Ensure adherence to all the food and health policies, including the internal Food Control and HACCP plans which align with ZABS and Ministry of Health requirements.
2. Business oversight and growth
- Formulate, recommend to the board, and implement business strategies for FDBCU.
- Be the business advisor to the board.
- Establish and grow the market for milk and other products.
- Ensure proper accountability of the entire business and assets.
- Manage customer and farmer accounts.
- Provide financial, management, progress and other reports to the Board and funders as required.
3. Staff supervision and support
- Manage and lead staff at FDBCU and ensure they are using their time efficiently as per their role requirements
- Develop and implement staff development strategies and performance management systems.
- Mentor and contribute to an atmosphere conducive for professional growth and development for staff.
- Provide a link between staff and the board.
4. Any other duties assigned by the board
5. Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate with Passes in 5 O levels
- A Diploma/ Certificate in Business or Production Management/ Related fields
- Solid knowledge of Accounts and Bookkeeping
- Experience in the food processing industry
- Minimum of 5 years work experience preferably with staff supervision responsibilities
6. Other Requirements and Specifications
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook),
- Excellent report writing skills
- Proficient in both oral and written English
- Competent in the local language (Ichibemba)
- Must be not less than 30 years old
- Pleasant disposition and be adaptable to different situations
- Must have good leadership/ HR skills
- Must be willing to be called upon at short notice
How to Apply
Cover letters with detailed CVs and minimum 2 traceable referees must be received. Please indicate your expected remuneration in the cover letter. Candidates are advised to provide day time contact numbers.
This is a performance-based appointment and FDBCU will offer a one-year contract with options of renewing (depending on the performance)
Fisenge is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from both men and women are actively encouraged.
The Board Chairperson,
Fisenge Dairy Business Cooperative Union,
2/3 Mansansa road (Luanshya turn off),