Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Duty Station: Lufwanyama
- The Project Officer is responsible that all stakeholders are sensitized and involved in the Field office programmes in Lufwanyama to improve access to services being provided by Save the Children in thematic areas of WASH, Health and Nutrition and child social protection among others.
- The project Officer will be reporting to the Project Coordinator.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Will be responsible for organising local stakeholders in the areas where they are stationed to take part in the project programmes.
- S/he will mobilize / interact with Community & key local stakeholders, form and supervise groups such as SMAGs, MIYCF counsellors, GMPs, CLTs and V-WASH committees, NHCs and provide collaboration report to Project Coordinator.
Focal Point Person for Behaviour Change Communication:
- Will provide support to the development and adoption of key behavior change approaches
- Will assist the community based service Providers in the implementation of the programme by providing Technical and Logistical support to community based structures like the Health workers, NHCs, D-WASH committees, SMAGs, GMPs, MIYCF counsellors.
- Responsible for sensitising local leaders, chiefs, political leaders, stakeholders, care takers about the benefits of the project.
- Will sensitise the caretakers and the community in general on the programme.
- S/he will ensure the community is well oriented on the programme and work with other community members to enhance awareness of the programme.
- The Project Officer will write reports on the progress of the project at community level.
- Prepare reports on the programme and submit these to the Program Coordinator.
- S/he will keep record of the community activities of the project
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or High Diploma in health and nutrition or related fields.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience of working on related programs such as WASH, Health & Nutrition, community mobilization and EU project experience will be added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local language.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and representational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong networking and advocacy skills.
- Experience in working with local key stakeholders
- Understanding of and experience in project management cycle is beneficial
- Motor bike riding with valid class A licence.
- Responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
- In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,