At Manic the graphic designer (“GD”) will be a visual communicator, someone who creates visual concepts by hand or by using computer software. They communicate ideas to inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. Our GD will help to make Manic and its clients recognisable by using a variety of mediums to communicate ideas or identities to be used in advertising and promotions. The GD will create and edit fonts, shapes, colours, images, print design, photography, animation, logos, and billboards. The graphic designer will also collaborate with artists, multimedia animators, and other creative people on assignments.
The GD will combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of web screens and printed pages. The GD will use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports will be developed. Our graphic designer will work with both text and images. The GD will also decide how images and text will go together on a page or screen, including how much space each will have. When using text in layouts, they collaborate closely with writers who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists, or tables.
- Experience in print design, digital graphics, and production, with a demonstrated portfolio.
- Exceptional in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PPT.
- Solid knowledge of design principles (typography, information hierarchy, colour, etc.).
- Experience with creating print production from development to final production.
- Experience in managing and communicating with vendors.
- Software Skills: Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustration, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, HTML.
- Design Experience: Motion Graphics, Social Media Advertisements, Digital Design, Print Design, Web Design, HTML Email Design.
Responsibilities and duties
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy, formatting for size, and delivering aesthetic concepts.
- Designs publications such as catalogues, customer-facing flyers, micro-sites, conference materials, and online PDFs according to our brand standards.
- Assists in producing quality, accurate, attractive and properly branded communications needed by the managing director, operations and marketing. Such communications may include, but are not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, graphics requests, email support, newsletter graphics, flyers, policies or administrative manuals. Single sheet support items for events, staff job-aids, etc.
- Designs event displays, print ads, and handouts.
- Art Retouch
- Edits and updates existing designs to match new information and specifications.
- Motion Graphics Creation
- Create motion graphics from verbal and illustrated client requirements.
- Client Relationship
- Once content is approved by all parties, effectively communicates with the outside vendors (print and digital) in order to achieve the most accurate product.
- Coordinates client activities such as event invitations, program, and announcements.
- Design Management
- Prepares work by confirming project scope and gathering all necessary information in advance of project initiation.
- Follows the brand design guideline and ensures consistency of brand image across multiple platforms.
- Delivers all creative assets to support the accreditation process.
- Maintains visual client directory – images & graphic design.
- Maintains logs and tracking of updates to the catalogue and course listing on websites.
- Maintains lists of clients, as well as bios and photos where appropriate, to be published online or in print.
How to Apply
Email your CV and Portfolio to:
You will be contacted for an interview.