The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation. Vacancy Announcement Country Programme Officer (Local recruitment Lusaka, Zambia)
Fixed Term, 2 years
- The Programme Management Department (PMD), under the leadership of an Associate Vice-President, is responsible for the overall programme of loans and grants of the Fund and is composed of five regional divisions, and an Operational Policy and Results Division.
- The Country Programme Officer (CPO) post is located in a stand-alone IFAD Country Office (ICO).
- In a stand-alone ICO, the incumbent works under the overall policy and anagement guidance and direct supervision of the Head of the Office (a Country Director or Country Programme Manager). S/He may supervise a Country Programme Assistant and collaborates closely with other IFAD staff to ensure consistency, cohesion and synergy in programme related matters.
- The Country Programme Officer is responsible for established programme/project coordination.
The CPO’s accountabilities/key results are:
- Country Office Support
- Country Programme Support
- Partnership Building
- Policy Development/Knowledge Management
- Managerial Functions
Qualifications, experience and language skills:
- Advanced university degree from an accredited institution in rural development, agriculture, economics, rural finance, development policy or other job related fields.
- In the absence of an advanced degree and additional two (2) years of professional experience is required.
- Five (5) years’ progressively responsible professional experience in programme design, supervision and loan/grant administration with International financial institutions, development cooperation agencies, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence
- Personal leadership and attitude to change
Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating:
- Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates
Focusing on clients:
Problem solving and decision making:
- Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability
Managing time, resources and information:
- Manages own time, information and resou rces effectively
- Contributes effectively to the team Communicating and negotiating:
- Communicates effectively:
- Creates understanding between self and others
Building relationships and partnerships:
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships
Managing performance and developing staff:
- Manages staff and teams effectively
How to Apply
Detailed job description available at the website:
The applicants are required to apply on-line via the web site