Kagem Mining Ltd, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA’), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering and cutting-edge management of unique geology. Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy, while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency and integrity. Kagem is seeking remarkable candidates to join the team, in the positions of Head Engineering, Materials Manager and Senior Materials Officer.
- A great opportunity for a Data analyst with skills in mining operations and willing to work on mine site.
- In the capacity of MIS Analyst, your main tasks will be the data collection management and reporting.
- You will have to work closely with all the departments on site, in order to assist and counsel them. You will understand all parts of the mining process, from the ore movement to the goods production.
- Continuous improvement of the data management system (development and implementation), will be a major part of your work time, as well as initiating and facilitating continuous improvement projects across the departments.
- Collect and check accuracy of daily financial and production data (including field work)
- Analyze and record information for MIS reports
- Consolidation of monthly MIS production reports and distribution.
- Monitoring and evaluation of monthly production efficiency levels to agreed targets
- Ensure that monthly financial costs and production figures are reconciled before distribution.
- Coordinating & reporting overall performance on monthly key operational costs.
- Help monthly reconciliations for consumption quantities with other departments.
- Ensure that MIS database is up to date or updated daily.
- To assist in annual budget preparation
- Depending on solution(s) required, develop and implement MIS solutions according to project plan.
- Identify problems; perform root cause analysis; table discussions for process enhancements.
- Learn core business processes and partner with MIS Assistant Manager/Manager, finance team, the rest of the MIS team and other relevant resources to develop roadmap and lead the progression of metrics, business analysis, and reporting automation agenda.
- Any other job that may be assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Production management either Accounting/Finance, Management information systems, Geology or Mining.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Data management Operations / Finance, preferably in a mining or mining-related industry.
- Advanced user of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other relevant software/accounting systems
- A good understanding of operations and finance (management accounts rather than financial)
- Excellent English communications skills (both written and verbally) and an ability to work in a team
- Good knowledge of budgeting processes
How to Apply
The company provides single accommodation at the mine site. status
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to:
The Head-Human Resources by mail to:
Certificates will only be required at the interview stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.