Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs Background:
Breakthrough ACTION is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead its social and behavior change (SBC) programming around the world. Primed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP), Breakthrough ACTION partners in Zambia include Save the Children, ideas42, and ThinkAction. The vision of the project is to ignite collective action using next generation behavior change approaches to empower households and communities to become healthier and more prosperous. Breakthrough ACTION — Zambia is funded initially for three years with the possibility of a two-year extension. It is designed to support increased adoption of healthy behaviors related to HIV and AIDS, maternal child health, family planning, malaria, nutrition as well as potential investments in economic opportunities and education-related behaviors that collectively contribute to improved outcomes.
Reports To: Chief of Party
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Manager Administration and Finance is a leadership position responsible for overseeing the financial, human resource, administrative and operational functions of Breakthrough ACTION Zambia. The position requires a seasoned professional experienced in financial and administrative management of large-scale donor funded projects in Zambia. The Senior Manager Administration and Finance reports to the Chief of Party and works closely with Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) Baltimore based finance team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Oversee all in country financial functions:
- Devise budgets;
- Oversee all in country financial transaction as per CCP’s finance procedures and policies;
- Ensure all financial transactions are according to approved project budget and allowable as per CCP and USAID financial regulations;
- Take lead in preparing financial reports and other required documents for submission to head office in Baltimore and donor;
- Supervise finance team members, provide coaching and set performance standards and goals;
- Provide leadership in drafting, execution and financial oversight of all contracts;
- Supervise/assist staff in the preparation of local consultancies and purchase orders;
- Monitor the capturing of financial data into QuickBooks;
- Ensure QuickBooks files and hardcopies of supporting financial documents are sent promptly to the Remote Imprest Fund Administrator at CCP Headquarters in Baltimore;
- Facilitate and respond to audits;
- Introduce and institute improvements and efficiencies to financial processes with the Finance team; o Develop and oversee fraud mitigation strategies.
Oversee all administrative functions:
- Assess current office administrative process;
- Introduce and institute improvements and efficiencies to administrative processes with Admin staff;
- Supervise Admin team members;
- Serve as liaison between the Breakthrough ACTION Zambia and CCP HQ on admin related issues, along with Chief of Party.
Oversee and supervise all Human Resource functions:
Review and improve Human Resource policies and procedures:
- Serve as liaison between the Breakthrough ACTION Zambia office and CCP HQ on HR related issues.
Oversee security functions:
- Devise plans and polices for office and staff security:
- Ensure security plans are adhered to
- Serve as liaison between Breakthrough ACTION Zambia Office and CCP HQ on Security related issues. Any other duties as assigned
- The proposed Senior Manager Admin and Finance must meet or exceed all of the following specific requirements:
- Master’s degree in finance, business, or a related field;
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in leading administrative, human resource; and financial operations and compliance of large-scale health and development projects (defined here as having a life of project budget of $25million or more);
Advanced understanding of USAID’s administrative and financial regulations polices and processes:
- Excellent writing and communication skills including compiling reports, drafting memorandums and devising agreements; and
- Certifications/completed trainings in financial and award management of USG grants and agreements.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, submit your CV and Application Letter providing details highlighting your relevant qualifications and experience to: