The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia. The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to be engaged in the following positions.
Purpose of the job
- To inspect and supervise building construction and maintenance works at various properties of the board across the country so as to improve and maintain high standards ofthe properties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake routine site inspections on Board properties and prepares technical reports so as to highlight any possible defects requiring attention
- To attends to tenants’ complaints by way of inspecting the reported defects and prepare technical reports with recommendations for remedial.
- To prepare structural drawings and specifications of works for Workers Compensation Fund Control Board.
- To interpret architectural drawings, scope of works, specifications, Bills of Quantities and Estimates of works for workers compensation Fund Control Board.
- To supervise building works carried out by both hired contractors and internal artisans, prepare progress reports.
- To evaluate bids submitted by contractors and recommendations to management so that the responsive contractors carry out works on Board Properties
- To carry out tenancy screening for potential tenants, make recommendations to management and,
- thereafter prepare tenancy agreements
- To manage Lease administration and rental collections as provided in the Rent Policy.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Full Grade twelve (12) certificate or GCE ‘O’ level certificate with at least five (5) credits or better.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Technology, from a recognized higher institution of
- At least 3 years working experience with an understanding of building construction and
- maintenance works
- A post qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- A strong team player and proactive
- Sense of urgency with ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- MUST have a Valid Driver’s license of two years and above.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, copies of certified academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to:
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway/Moffat Road Compensation House,