PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide. Advancements in prevention and treatment have resulted in marked reductions in illness and death. Eliminating malaria is achievable using existing tools and a focused strategy, and the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA III), a program at PATH, is working with its national partners to chart the forward through the development of an evidence-based framework to guide countries through a comprehensive set of program interventions to elimination.
As part of MACEPA-PATH’s support to the Government of Zambia’s Ministry of Health for malaria control and elimination activities, we are seeking an Entomological Surveillance Officer to assist with the roll out and management of the Indoor Residual Spraying and entomological surveillance activities. This role will report to the Senior Indoor Residual Spraying and Entomological Officer and the specific duties and requirements are listed below.
- Support all malaria elimination entomological and epidemiological monitoring/studies for the project-supported districts with planning and implementation.
- Contributing to capacity building of national and local entomology staff and promoting sustainability of the routine entomological work related to Indoor Residual Spraying and monitoring vector populations.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and standard operating procedures where necessary, to assure quality and high scientific standards in the entomology work.
- Assist with training of local staff in Indoor Residual Spraying and entomological surveillance training.
- Building national and district capacity in malaria vectors characterization and surveillance of vector resistance.
- Presenting and publishing the experience, scientific findings, and lessons learned from the IRS program in national, regional and international fora.
- Collecting, organizing and presenting results of Indoor Residual Spraying and entomological monitoring activities.
- Work with specialized software program to contribute to the development of a national database on entomological and IRS surveillance activities.
- Contributing to development and management project-related plans, budgets, and team requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Entomology, and health related field). A master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two (02) years experience working with entomological studies and / or implementing indoor residual spraying activities in the context of malaria control programs.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook—must have demonstrable ability to format documents, prepare charts and manage data; experience with MS Access preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing expectations of multiple clients.
- Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and ability to work well under deadlines.
- Work in team situation with minimum supervision.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; experience facilitating training highly desired.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% and occasional international travel.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: