Morton’s Home School has been set up to provide home based play and school sessions for a group of 3 – 10 children.
- The educator will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Creating Lesson plans – design their own lesson and classroom instruction plans based on national-approved curriculum and other enriching curricula.
- Lead Daily Activities – social, learning, and physical activities for all children in their assigned classes.
- Monitor Children – be responsible for the overall health and welfare of the children in their classroom, which requires diligent monitoring of all children during learning times, meal times, restroom breaks and nap times.
- Encourage and Engage Children – keep all children active and engaged while they are in the classroom.
- Keep Classroom clean and stimulating – responsible for keeping the classroom in a clean, hygienic, organised and stimulating state for children.
- Assess in-class and homework assignments – assess all work submitted by students and provide progress reports to parents detailing their child’s success completing classroom work
- Attend staff meetings – attend mandatory workshops, conferences, and staff meetings as directed by school guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with parents – provide regular reports and any other information regarding Childs’ development and progress.
- Assist with meal times – provide support to kitchen staff in laying out food for children and helping children with their meals.
Skills & Personal Traits
As an Early Childhood Educator you must love and work well with young children. In addition to these essential traits, we are looking for a professional who possess the following specific qualifications:
Communication skills – a strong grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults is a must.
Sensitivity – ability to be sensitive to the current needs of children and highly observant of their potential needs.
Physical stamina – many of your working hours will involve standing, bending, and moving, which requires good physical stamina and fitness
Patience – by nature you will be expected to be a patient and understanding individual who possess good listening skills and does not display fits of temper during working hours
Leadership skills – you will be responsible for maintaining discipline and order in your classrooms at all times, so some leadership skills are essential for this career.
- Minimum of Diploma in Early Childhood Education from a recognised institution
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with minimum of Merit in English and Mathematics
- Other Requirements & Experience
- Must have at least one year teaching experience.
- Preferably already registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
- Knowledge in First Aid.
- Must be able to use a computer and various applications.
- Hours Of Work, Location & Compensation
- You will be expected to report for work by 7:30 and leave at 16:00 from Monday to Friday.
- The job is based in Lusaka, Chelstone.
- Annual salary of K18,360 plus one meal per day and transport allowance.
How to Apply
Send your CV and letter of motivation to: