Zambart, formerly Zambia AIDS Related Tuberculosis (ZAMBART) is a research-focussed non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling.
- The Tuberculosis Reduction Through Expanded Antiretroviral Treatment and Screening (TREATS) Project will evaluate the effect of a combined TB/HIV prevention intervention implanted in the PopART trial to address the question of whether population level screening for tuberculosis, combined with universal testing and treatment (UTT) for HIV can significantly reduce the prevalence of TB and “ End TB”.
- The overall aim of this project is to measure the impact of a combined TB/HIV intervention of population level screening for TB, combined with universal testing and treatment (UTT) for HIV, delivered over 4 years, on prevalence of TB disease.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following positions:
Duration of Contract: Twelve (12) months.
Location: The candidates will work for a period of three (3) months in each of the following sites as part of a mobile field team:
- Site A (Southern zone): Chipata ( Lusaka) , Chawama (Lusaka),Dambwa (Livingstone), Shampande (Choma)
- Site B (Northern zone): Ngungu (Kabwe),Ndeke ( Kitwe), Chipulukusu ( Ndola), and Chifubu (Ndola),
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Report to the site Team Leader
- Performs an equipment and accessories’ check every morning (using available check list).
- Explain to the participants the chest X-ray procedure and re-assure them of their safety.
- Perform the chest X-ray procedure, using a mobile X-ray machine.
- Read the CAD4TB X-ray images and interpret to the participant.
- Refer the participants to the next station after Chest X-ray, depending on the results.
- Report timely, any malfunction of equipment to the Team Leader.
- Diploma in Radiology and minimum of two (2) years of work experience.
- Operational planning experience.
- Computer literacy and ability to use an electronic data capture device (tablet)
- Strong organizational and management skills. Self-motivation and attention to details
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the main local languages in the area.
- Required to work away from home over extended periods.
- Registered with HPCZ and have current practicing license.
- Added advantages
- Prepared to work in a busy and challenging environment and flexible working hours
- Knowledge of the study community and an understanding of the dynamics
- Previous research experience.
- Ability to work in a diverse team.
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above positions should submit their application letter, CV and certificates, stating in the reference which study site and position you are applying for e.g. TREATS – Radiographer – Site A or B or by post to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Nationalist Road, Opposite UTH,
PO Box 50697,