On the 2 nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as “Upfield”, therefore any successful applicants will be employed by “Upfield Foods” not Unilever. For more details on Upfield, please click here.
Key Account Manager
Based in Zambia
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products – from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
Your Main Responsibilities
- To develop annual and monthly customer account plan for assigned accounts according to Upfield Food Group (UFG) strategy to ensure turnover, volume, distribution, and gross margin target are met.
- To implement agreed business development strategies for assigned accounts.
- To effectively manage trading terms and monitor growth plan.
- To gain insight & understanding into chain operators and leverage these commercial insights with channel marketing to create sustainable profitable business for both parties.
- To drive Solution / Concept selling via Ideation sessions and manage entire process from initial stage to launch stage.
- To negotiate on price with customer to ensure the total volume and profit target are met.
- To regularly conduct customer business review.
- Build up strong relationship with customers by high quality services and solutions.
- Co-ordinate with internal business support from chef, Research & Development, Supply Chain, Channel Marketing and related functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations to support the business growth plan.
- Implement other activity as directed by Line Manager.
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
- Degree in a business-related field.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience, with minimum 1 year in key account management
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Well versed with MS office applications
- Preferably with experience and knowledge in food services and catering business (FMCG preferred)
Your Personal Power! :-
- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
- Mission Statement
- At Upfield our purpose is clear……Making people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!
- If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: