John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Type: Full Time
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- The IT Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director, Finance and Operations.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following IT support for HQ and 3 Provincial offices including:
Administration and Management:
- Provide direct supervision for the IT Specialists/Officers, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, and conducting annual performance appraisals with supervises.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of IT equipment and software including maintenance of a backup of all software media and licenses.
- Maintain & monitor a log of backups and ensure that there is appropriate business continuity & information security, including provision of site back-up media at agreed schedules.
- Maintain and monitor the help desk system.
- Maintain and implement a schedule for preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors on warranty claims.
- Maintain, track and ensure implementation of service level agreements with vendors.
- Provide timely updates on systems administration and user support activities to the Senior Management.
- Supervise the regular testing of backups and ensure availability of appropriate platform for systems recovery.
- Maintain and monitor internet functionality and usage and liaise with ISPs to ensure restoration of service when there is degradation or downtime.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual requirements assessments and coordinate with the Deputy DFO in scheduling procurements.
- Assist in maintaining, implementation and ensuring compliance with the IT policy and procedures.
- Support installation and roll-out of web and computer-based project systems including SmartCare.
- Maintain a complete network and infrastructure documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants for this position should possess the following
- Minimum qualifications:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications or related field from a recognized University with at least 5 years post qualification work experience and 5 years of experience in implementation of eHealth Systems in Zambia
- Certifications in CISCO / Microsoft /CompTIA A+/CompTIA Network+ / Network & Security Appliances are an added advantage
- Masters degree in the relevant field an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience with traceable references.
- At least 7 years’ experience in IT Systems Administration, Networking and user support
- At least 5 years’ experience in database development and management, SQL knowledge required
- Candidate should demonstrate ability to guide and mentor IT personnel.
- Candidate should be pro-active and able to equitably allocate tasks to team members; monitor and appraise activities on a regular basis. S/he should also be able to provide timely updates on progress of tasks to the supervisor, project staff and management.
- Strong client oriented service inclination, project management and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Desirable Attributes:
- Experience in with setup and administration of data servers including disaster recovery and performance tuning.
- Experience in setting-up cooperate network infrastructure including configuration of routers, wireless access-points, deployment and configuration of centralized antivirus systems.
How to Apply
Send your written application either via email or through regular mail. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to:
The Human Resources Manager USAID SAFE, 45/5B Incito Office Complex Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga,
PO Box 51742,