Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia. Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
This position reports to the Mine Mechanical Engineer_ Mobile Fleet
Core Purpose of The Position
The Planning Engineer has the primary responsibility for all maintenance planning activities to ensure mobile mining equipment is maintained in a safe, proactive and cost-effective manner by utilising all resources for intended purposes within the allocated period.
Key areas of Responsibility/Accountability
- Required to adhere to all policies, procedures and statutory regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as human resources and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the roles and responsibilities of the position
- Serve as a focal point for resolving questions/input from Operations, Maintenance, and other support services personnel
- Assist with the preparation of Scheduled Outage, Project and departmental budgets
- Assist in preparation of program/project master schedule and performs critical path analysis.
- Interpret contract documents, contractor bid proposals, and Company policies and regulations
- Maintain the integrity of the computerized maintenance management system by providing guidance for system administration functions
- Develop, cost, schedule, performance criteria, and estimated manpower requirements for job cost analysis
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of contractor cost tracking for outage and project related tasks
- Assist procurement and stores to set stock levels for maintenance parts and consumables
- Ensure development and maintenance of documentation required by management, insurance representatives, and auditors by maintaining records of all activities outage and/or maintenance historical records to facilitate efficient and comprehensive planning and scope development of future work
- Optimize maintenance planning system to ensure efficient use of manpower at each facility
- Provide guidance and support for planning activities at the generating facilities
- Develop and maintain a quality review process for data entered into the CMMS
- Participate/provide guidance during the optimization of the existing CMMS system
- Train internal users on the business uses of the CMMS
- Minimum Diploma (equivalent) in a Mechanical engineering or better and preferably HER.
- A minimum of two (2) years of Senior Supervisory/Management experience is required
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in busy mining plant and equipment maintenance environment; experience in underground mechanised mining facilities is preferred
- Prior experience relating to planning and scheduling industrial maintenance is highly desirable
- Proficient at the use of commercial Maintenance Planning Software including development of reporting metrics
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with all level of personnel and to work under minimal supervision
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Member of the Engineering Registration Board (ERB)
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to: