PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Funded by the United States President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), the Program for the Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO) is a 5-year project that aims to control and prevent malaria morbidity and mortality, and thereby minimize the social effects and economic losses. It also contributes to the reduction of under-five all-cause mortality rate, as a result of reduced malaria mortality. This project which is working in 4 target provinces, namely Eastern, Muchinga, Northern and Luapula, will strengthen the Ministry of Health’s capacity to implement the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan (NMESP) at provincial, district, and community levels. The project which is now in its third year of implementation is building strong effective partnerships with communities, civil society, health facilities, provincial and district health offices (PHOs and DHOs), the private sector, and cooperating partners to scale-up and maintain internationally accepted strategies to fight malaria. PATH is the lead partner of the consortium that is implementing this project.
PATH seeks to recruit a Finance Assistant who will be based in Katete. The Finance Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Director Finance and Operations under the Program for the Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO) in Zambia. This position will be on a fixed-term contract up to July 2019.
- Work with the Pre-Malaria Elimination Coordinator to organize workshops and trainings.
- Help to process program advances for project activities.
- Help the finance director to review Requests for Authority to Travel for all project staff and workshop and training advances.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted with the approval of appropriate PAMO designees for expense approval and technical oversight.
- Prepare financial transaction documentation ensuring it is complete, accurate, and complies with applicable polices and internal procedures
- Administer funds and maintain all documentation for assigned field activities including managing cash disbursements to meetings, workshops, and field work exercise participants.
- Ensure that program advances and payments to vendors are paid on time.
- Process transactions in the finance system on time and ensure that transactions are successfully approved in the workflow.
- Maintain inventory of all procured equipment and share information with Procurement Specialist as requested.
- Help to organize staff meetings.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, ACCA II, CIMA II or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of experience working for an international NGO.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with diverse vendors and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with any accounting system.
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Proficient in working with MS office computer programs.
- Demonstrated strong finance and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Effective time management and able to work under time pressure.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
- PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Submit Your CV and application on company website: