Social Worker’s Association of Zambia has entered into partnership with UNICEF to strengthen and build capacity of the social welfare workforce of the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services to Implement the Service Efficiency and Effectiveness for Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (SEEVCA) Initiative.
SEEVCA is led by the Ministry of Community Development and Social Services (MCDSS) with funding and technical assistance from UNICEF and USAID to produce a sustainable approach to case management for VCA living in households receiving Social Cash Transfers (SCTs). The intent of the SEEVCA program is to reduce vulnerability and expand protection for the most vulnerable and marginalized households in 15 districts. The strategy to reach the main target group (vulnerable children and adolescents) combines the SCT programme with standardised case management that supports access to other existing services and information –to reduce vulnerability and equip households to be more resilient. The goal is for the Government, with support under SEEVCA, to enhance the capacity of existing structures and systems to provide case management at ward level that increases access to services and builds household resiliency. The project includes a research agenda to reflect on lessons learnt in the unfolding of SEEVCA and to identify what is essential to optimal service delivery systems for VCA.
The Finance and Administration Officer will be based at the SWAZ Secretariat in Lusaka and will provide technical support to the National Programme Officer in running the everyday finance and administration operations of the SWAZ secretariat and the SEEVCA project. He/She will be under the day to day supervision of the National Programme Officer and the SWAZ Secretary General.
Additional duties for the Finance and Administration Officer will include providing support to project staff at the national office and in the 15 districts to ensure timely
Length of the assignment: 10 months, full time (8 hours per day; 5 days per week; with appropriate holidays and vacation)
Name and Title of Supervisor
National Programme Coordinator
Objective of The Finance And Administration Officer
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will provide support to the National Programme Coordinator in the execution of financial management procedures and policies of SWAZ in accordance with UNICEF and other donor regulations.
- He/she will ensure effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services, mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, maintaining accounts payable and posting of all project payments and be accountable to the National Programme Coordinator and SWAZ Secretary General.
Finance and Administration Officer Responsibilities
- Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance to staff and project managers.
- Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Capture all financial data correctly and timely onto the Accounting system
- Posting and on line transactions: responsible for ensuring that the payments are done accurately and within budget.
- Compliance: Ensure that accounting processes adhere to SWAZ, UNICEF and other donor rules and regulations
- Maintain an effective financial recording and reporting system in full compliance with UNICEF HACT & FACE guidelines processing financial transactions in accurate and timely way.
Cash Flow Management:
- Prepare and submit forecasts and cash flow projections and ensure that management is aware of their implications.
- Ensuring that there are sufficient funds in the current account for payments.
- Prepare SWAZ Payroll and ensure PAYE and NAPSA monthly remittances including returns are submitted on time to the relevant authorities
- Project staff financial support: Assist project staff in clarifications and availing relevant information
- Substantively contributes to and implements cost saving and cost reduction strategies.
- Maps SWAZ finance business processes and proposes fine-tunes in the internal Standard Operating Procedures in finance, ensuring the proper balance between effectiveness and the control elements
- Assist by availing accurate information during Audit process
- Verification of accounts codes, Ensure expenses are coded correctly to various budget lines as per the SWAZ policy and procedures and recorded in the system in a timely and quality manner.
- Organize and accurately file all finance documents
Process all payment for the project
- Ensure advances are processed and liquidated in a timely manner.
- Administer the petty cash system and ensure appropriate record keeping.
- Filing and maintenance of all finance transaction files
- Cashiering and bank reconciliations
- Ensure project accounting procedures and treatment are in compliance with donor contracts, financial guidelines and procedures, International Accounting Standard and Centre policies and guidelines.
- To assist in providing administrative support, this will include ensuring that the procurement process of the project is in accordance with UNICEF and other donor regulation.
- Maintaining, reviewing, reconciling and analysing project related accounts (donor accounts, partners’ accounts) to ensure accuracy and completeness of accounting records
- Manage financial records, bank accounts and monthly reconciliations
- To process all project purchases and services ensuring adherence to UNICEF and other donor rules and regulations
- Ensure proper inventory of project and SWAZ items
- To plan and budget for the administrative and related activities and report accordingly.
- Provide administrative support to project team
- Undertake general administrative duties
- Prepare contracts for suppliers as advised.
- Arrange hospitality, purchase supplies to ensure the smooth running of the project on a day to day and as required basis.
How to Apply
Lusaka If you are interested in this job, please email your resume and application letter to: The Secretary General – Social Workers’ Association of Zambia (SWAZ),
PO Box KL77,