LuWSI is a multi-stakeholder collaboration system of over 20 partners, Its mission is to strengthen multi-stakeholder collaboration to safeguard Lusaka’s water resources while enhancing sustainable & timely access to water & sanitation for all. At its core, is a multi-stakeholder partnership bemteen public sector private sector, civil society and international actors, who engage in dialogue and leadership, analysis and knowledge generation, advocacy and awareness raising, planning and project development. LuWSI partners also collaborate on implementing projects to improve water security for Lusaka’s residents and businesses. LuWSI’s Core Structure consists of a Patron, a Steering Board, tw0 Committees and a Secretariat. LuWSI’s Secretariat is currently housed in NWASCO and has the mission to support and coordinate LuWSI ‘s Partners in im plementing LuWSI ‘s strategy, to create an impactful, influential, scalable and sustainable initiative.
- The LuWSI Secretariat is headed by a Coordinator whose main function is to oversee and ensure successful execution of all LuWSI Secretariat’s tasks to help the initiative fulfil its mission.
- In doing so, he/she supports LuWSI’s partners in the implementation of the LuWSI strategy, mobilising new knowledge, resources, relationships and projects to improve water security for Lusaka’s residents and businesses.
- The LuWSI Secretariat seeks to engage a Coordinator whose responsibilities include:
- Professional management of Secretariat operations
- Oversee all operations of the Secretariat, ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Manage budget and facilitate procurement using the NWASCO procedures and structures
- Oversee the delivery, monitoring and reporting of LuWSI’s progress and results
- Oversee the implementation of all organisational and administrative duties necessary for LuWSI’s
- Ensure processes, decisions and agreements are well executed, documented and communicated
- Assist in ensuring that LuWSl’s Core Structures adhere to LuWSI’s policies, including brand
- Strategic and sustainable growth of the initiative
- Develop and sustain LuWSPs business and growth models to ensure the initiative grows sustainably, increases its value proposition to partners and secures long-term revenues
- Lead on the participatory development and implementation of LuWSI’s strategy
- Engage new strategic partners and negotiate their involvement in LuWSl
- Develop new resourcing opportunities, including funding applications 1m pactful communications
- Ensure LuWSl’s brand develops strongly and is respected and protected
- Coordinate effective Secretariat-led public communications, marketing andtargeted adv ocacy
- Represent LuWSI at events and meetings.
- Strong partner collaboration
- Develop mechanisms to help harmonise strategies and activities of Core Partners to improve synergies, effciencies and collaboration on issues
- Manage partner relations and support inter-partner relationship building for new partnerships
- Identify and develop new partnership opportunities
- The Coordinator should be a dynamic, strategic, creative and highly motivated leader.
He or she should have:
- A higher degree in administration, business management or any other relevantsubject
- Minimum 10 years professional experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership position
- Track record in developing and managing an organisation, with strong entrepreneurial characteristics
- Track record in business plan development and implementation, including resource mobilisation
- Track record of working vvith the public and private sectors including civil society and international organisations
- Experience in marketing advocacy and lobbying
- Excell entwritten and verbal communications skills
- Experience in diplomacy and relationship managementskills
- A good understanding of governance and pa rticipatory processes
- A good understanding ofthe Zambian water sector is an advantage but not com pulsory.
How to Apply
Application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae and a one-page cover letter, stating their motivation and suitability for the job and what they can offer should be uploaded onto the NWASCO website at and addressed to the undersigned:
Certified copies of academic and professional qualifications will not be required at this stage.
The Director, National Water Supply and Sanitation Council,
PO Box 34358 164,