Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following position:-
- To oversee transport and logistics for Jhpiego’s Country office and facilitate international travels including processing of staff visas for international travels. Coordinate programme activities in country.
- Manage ground transport including arranging of travel logistics for staff, consultants, international visitors as well as airport and hotel pick- ups.
- Facilitate the hiring of vehicles to supplement Jhpiego fleet, and complete all necessary Jhpiego internal documentation in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Ensure that inspection and assessment for roadworthiness of all private vehicles hired for Jhpiego business is completed.
- Ensure that all vehicle hire documentations are in place and fully approved before any vendor is engaged.
- Ensure that both hired and Jhpiego vehicles have valid road certification and Insurance documents.
- Maintain a record/ schedule of upcoming activities and circulate to all staff.
- Submit monthly record of signed off driver’s mileage log sheets to Finance Office.
- Submit monthly fuel usage analysis and maintain record of vehicle maintenance sheets for all project vehicles
- Monitor the servicing of Project vehicles in a timely and well-scheduled manner in conjunction with the Field offices.
- Work with Stores to coordinate haulage for all project activities in various Jhpiego operational centers/ offices.
- Ensure timely submission of invoices to Finance which involves logging them in for easy tracking.
- Degree in Business Administration /Office Management
- 5 years’ experience in a responsible office;
- Experience in Office management for projects funded by international donors
- Knowledge of US Government regulations
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Power point
- Demonstrated supervisory skills
- Able to multitask, handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines;
- Knowledge in basic Procurement principles
- Logistics coordination
- Ability to assess motor vehicle roadworthiness.
- Ability to work on several major and minor activities simultaneously
- High adherence to ethics and self-motivated
- Excellent general administrative skills, including excellent judgment and integrity
- Strong program-related administrative management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multiple requests
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated ability in word processing and spreadsheet
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among Jhpiego staff
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only, to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
John Hopkins University Affiliate,
Zambia Office 8 Ngumbo Road, Long Acres,
PO Box 36873,
Tel: +260-21-1256255 / 6 / 7