Laurence Paul is a privately held business established as a full service investment management, investment banking, investment advisory, principal investments and securities trading firm. Our firm is focused on providing unbiased advisory and investment services to entities and individuals involved in investing in and developing Africa’s productive infrastructure.
At Laurence Paul, we leverage the unique strengths of our people to provide our individual and institutional clients with a full range of financial services and product expertise across our business areas. We have an in-depth working knowledge of the business and regulatory environment and we work with financial institutions, major corporations, domestic and international investors, regulators and governments to encourage private sector led development.
Laurence Paul is well positioned to satisfy the growing need for locally based asset management and securities trading firm that is capable of serving the demands of local and international investor client.
Laurence Paul is seeking to employ an Administrative Officer to carry out a broad range of administrative activities including some or all of the following;
- Reception and Office Administration
- Greet visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answer phone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Respond to general information requests with the accurate information.
- Manage the Laurence Paul calendar.
- Prepare and modify documents including reports, drafts, memos and e-mails.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution to appropriate persons.
- Run the company’s general errands.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the association’s databases.
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support.
- Meeting, event and travel scheduling.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and corporate events.
- Month end duties as required.
- Assist with financial management.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- In-depth knowledge on capital markets
- Interest in current affairs and appreciation of their impact on investment
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Numerical skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Professional demeanour
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum diploma in Business Administration or related field with proven experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates should send their applications to: