Laurence Paul is a privately held business established as a full service investment management, investment banking, investment advisory, principal investments and securities trading firm. Our firm is focused on providing unbiased advisory and investment services to entities and individuals involved in investing in and developing Africa’s productive infrastructure.
At Laurence Paul, we leverage the unique strengths of our people to provide our individual and institutional clients with a full range of financial services and product expertise across our business areas. We have an in-depth working knowledge of the business and regulatory environment and we work with financial institutions, major corporations, domestic and international investors, regulators and governments to encourage private sector led development.
Laurence Paul is well positioned to satisfy the growing need for locally based asset management and securities trading firm that is capable of serving the demands of local and international investor clients.
- Laurence Paul is seeking to employ a Business Development Manager to undertake planning, implementation, research, analysis and reporting with the view to provide in-depth insight, advice and recommendation on existing and prospective business avenues ensuring rapid growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Development Manager will be involved in a broad range of activities including some or all of the following;
- Business Development
- Proactive identification of opportunities for business process improvement.
- Develop, implement and adjust strategic business plans for new and existing products/services to adapt to constant changes in marketplace.
- Keep up to date with local and international economic trends, prospects and various factors influencing capital markets.
- Build business strategies by assessing market trends, financial statements, financial models and various other indicators.
- Serve as business representative at meetings, industry events, conferences, trade shows and other events and network with industry professionals.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Customer acquisition and retention.
- Identify market opportunities, new customers and generate new business leads.
- Network in order to generate new business for the company.
- Develop and implement strategies for customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Maintain relationships with key customers and ensure customer loyalty through excellent customer service.
Management and Research
- Coordinate day-to-day activities and set targets for the sales team and support functions.
- Assist sales representatives with maintaining client relationships, negotiating and closing sale.
- Conduct continual training of sales representatives and support personnel.
- Review sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Organise sales presentations and other sales activities.
- Prepare and manage operating budgets.
- Draft and write reports.
- Prepare sales and marketing activity reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of potential client expansion.
- Continuous analysis of competitive environment and customer trends.
- Ability to lead a dynamic team
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Analytical ability
- Ability to attain targets
- Human relation skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or other relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of management/ relevant experience.
- Membership to a professional body is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested Candidates should send their applications to: