Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia. To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individual for the following position in the Technical Services Department:
This position reports to the Strata Control Engineer.
Purpose of the Position:
- To implement the Strata Control function and to provide assistance to the operations within his/her responsibility with regards to geotechnical engineering design layouts and support systems that meet Operational requirements. Conduct audits, identification and reporting of hazards.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Eliminate FACs, MTCs, LTIs & Fatalities by promoting highest safety standards within and beyond the scope of strata control function requirements within the Lubambe SHEQ guidelines and mine safety statutory obligations
- Geotechnical Underground Inspections.
- Data Collection on underground mapping and pull test on installed support systems
- Manage core logging and point load testing
- QAQC Audits on underground support installations Split sets/cable bolt installation and other surface support systems
- Identify poor ground conditions underground and provide feedback to the strata Control Engineer
- Provide comprehensive and timely report on daily underground inspections.
- Conduct Underground onsite training on support compliance and standards
- Design and issue support layouts for cable bolting
- Inspection and receiving of ground support materials on site
- Attend production meetings and supervise contractors on secondary support
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Mining Engineering will be an added advantage
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) is a must
- Knowledge in the use of MicroStation / Autocard
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Strong Understanding on various Geotechnical and Rock engineering tasks
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Strong understanding of Underground mining operations
- At least 4 years’ experience in underground Geotechnical operations
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted