Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia. To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individual for the following position in the Technical Services Department:
This position reports to the Senior Grade Control Geologist.
Purpose of the Position:
- To monitor and manage to ensure that material being fed to the mill is of economic grade and that large fluctuations in grade are minimized by blending ores from different benches, or parts thereof, or from different stopes.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Eliminate FACs, MTCs, LTIs & Fatalities by promoting highest safety standards within and beyond the scope of geology requirements within the Lubambe SHEQ guidelines and mine safety statutory obligations
- Ore drive mapping, piloting and sampling.
- On draw stope/panel monitoring and sampling.
- Daily and weekly performance report on grades and dilution.
- Compliance report on planned panels versus actual panels on draw and address expected head grade changes resulting from lack of compliance
- Stope closure reconciliation report utilizing the resource model and or grade control model.
- Effective communication with the analytical lab on sample processing and result release.
- Conduct pre-stope mapping and provide mapped geological data to the Resource Geologist
- Generate and validate and issue slot design wireframes to planning.
- Inspect and confirm slot drilling compliance to designed slot wireframes and geological dips.
- Attend daily production meeting to address all issues on grades and ore drive status.
- Generate planned ore drive advance grades for monthly planning and forecast.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Geology obtained from a recognised institution.
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) is a must.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Knowledge of 3D geological / mine planning and software particularly Datamine and Microstation.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft word packages like word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Should be of a sober character.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted