Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Director of Finance and Administration for the upcoming USAID Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAHN) Continuum of Care Activity (CoC TA) in Zambia. The project’s goal is to improve the capacity of the public health system to sustainably deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition services (RMNCAH&N) across four provinces of Zambia. This activity is expected to provide high-impact, demand-driven technical assistance, coupled with targeted direct implementation, of reproductive maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services. This activity will work through a whole district approach across four provinces in Zambia (Muchinga, Luapula, Southern and Eastern) with the potential to increase geographic scope in future years.
The Director of Finance and Administration, under the supervision of the Chief of Party, will have primary responsibility for financial and administrative management for the project, supervision and oversight of all financial and administrative support staff, and establishment of the systems and procedures required to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and local law. This position will oversee financial and administrative staff and will be responsible for contract management; oversight of procurement and subcontracting; budgeting, financial management and reporting; human resources management, and the general administrative support for the program. S/he will ensure that the project team has the administrative and financial support required to deliver on the project goals and approved workplans. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the project contract
- Oversee the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support project implementation, ensuring compliance with DFID and Abt policies and regulations
- Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and human resources (HR) policies and procedures that meet project needs and corporate and client requirements
- Oversee procurement efforts for the project including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the project in compliance with DFID and Abt Associates procurement regulations
- Supervise institutional subcontracts and sub-agreements with assistance from the home office project team (Finance and Contract Manager, in particular)
- Guide the administrative team on aspects of project annual work planning, and ensure that quality operational plans, budgets, and reports are submitted as per contract agreements
- Ensure that project budget projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and project requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits
- Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems, and provide financial performance updates on project activities
- Oversee all human resources management functions – recruitment, hiring, transition and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal and ongoing performance management; leave tracking; rewards and recognition; disciplinary processes – in collaboration with Abt’s human resources department
- Supervise all financial, administrative and operational project support staff.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reporting processes, to enable the Team Leader to provide regular status and progress reports to USAID and Abt Associates
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), or a Master’s degree (desirable), in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field
- At least 8 years of professional work experience in the financial and administrative management of large complex development projects, preferably with USAID or other donor funding and in the health field
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; (3) contract management (required); and (4) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams
- Experience with USAID and other donor funded health projects, highly desirable.
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest management tools and computer applications
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills
How to Apply
Director of Finance and Administration (F&A) – RMNCAHN Zambia,
Submit your CV and cover letter to the email below: Be sure to include the job title in the email’s subject line.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.