PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Funded by the United States President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), the Program for the Advancement of Malaria Outcomes (PAMO) is a 5-year project that aims to control and prevent malaria morbidity and mortality, and thereby minimize the social effects and economic losses. It also contributes to the reduction of under-five all-cause mortality rate, as a result of reduced malaria mortality. This project which is working in 4 target provinces, namely Eastern, Muchinga, Northern and Luapula, will strengthen the Ministry of Health ’s capacity to implement the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan (NMESP) at provincial, district, and community levels. The project which is now in its third year of implementation is building strong effective partnerships with communities, civil society, health facilities, Provincial and district Health Offices (DHOs and PHOs), the private sector, and cooperating partners to scale-up and maintain internationally accepted strategies to fight malaria. PATH is the lead partner of the consortium that is implementing this project.
PATH seeks to recruit a Chief of Party who will be responsible for the strategic direction and overall coordination and management of the project. The Chief of Party position will require experience in management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills:
- Be responsible for the strategic direction, overall coordination and management of the project and its subcontractors.
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison with USAID Zambia, international and regional partners, and host-country government officials.
- Supervise project technical staff, including the Deputy Chief of Party, and technical line managers, ensuring that they are successfully managing project activities and achieving deliverables.
- Ensuring quality control and overall responsiveness of the technical assistance provided under this contract.
- Maintain a wide network with key partners and stakeholders and ensure that the project is represented on appropriate steering ad advisory groups
- Initiate and manage effective collaborative partnerships.
- Oversee annual project work planning and periodic reporting.
- Oversees compliance with the goals set in the contract and with USAID regulations and PATH policies and systems.
- Contribute to the design of project monitoring and evaluation systems and to regular project evaluations to assess progress and recommend solutions.
- Represent the project at periodic meetings with stakeholders to report on planned activities and actions, including implementation status.
- Must have a Medical Degree and postgraduate qualification in Public Health, Epidemiology, International Health or any other related disciplines.
- At least ten (10) years field experience implementing public health programs with a minimum of five (05) years implementing malaria prevention and treatment programs in sub-Saharan Africa.
- S/he shall have depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, a solid professional reputation, interpersonal skills and professional relationships to fulfill the requirements of the activity.
- Experience in management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, and management competence.
- Experience working in Zambia or sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of developing country government systems and procedures for managing complex programs with many sites and partners are mandatory.
- USAID contract management experience is an added advantage.
- S/he shall have depth and breadth of management expertise and experience, a solid professional reputation, interpersonal skills and professional relationships to fulfill the requirements of the activity.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage technical teams and multi-partner collaborative projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with USAID, implementing partners, institutions at the national and regional level, local nongovernmental organizations, and community-based organizations and structures.
- Successful experience working with the government of Zambia is preferred.
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable professional software package—specific competence in the use of word processing, presentation, email and calendaring software required.
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent in-country; limited international travel expected.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
How to Apply
Submit Your CV and application on company website: