Options will lead the National Ownership component. Options’ approach is to support governments to increase domestic funding for SRHR, and to develop and implement evidence-based policies and plans to meet commitments that create an enabling environment for SRHR, addressing the unmet need for SRHR, particularly among the poor, youth under 20, and people with disability. The following results will help achieve stronger national ownership for SRHR:
- Evidence-based approach within national and sub-national governments that use data to drive financial, policy and quality of care decisions and actions.
- Strengthened financial, policy and quality of care demonstrated through leadership by national and sub-national governments.
- Functional and sustainable accountability systems that track SRHR commitments and key indicators, and use this evidence to hold leaders to account.
Main purpose of job
To implement and monitor all finance and administration policies and procedures for the WISH2ACTION Zambia programme, and ensure proper resource allocation and financial management. The role is based in Dhaka, Zambia. The Finance & Administration Manager will be the primary point of contact for all financial & administration management on the WISH2ACTION Zambia programme. This includes responding to ad hoc requests and supporting the Regional WISH2ACTION Finance & Administration Manager in Nairobi and the Options head office in London, UK, in the financial management of the programme. The manager will be expected to work closely with colleagues based in Dhaka, Nairobi, London and across WISH2ACTION countries, particularly on finance and administration related issues to ensure targets are met and the programme is properly administered.
- Financial Accounting Prepare and update accounts into QuickBooks Accounting system undertake regular account reconciliations and management of all local bank accounts and submit to Options London office
- Prepare monthly cash flow statements for fund advances adhere to standard chart of accounts, ledgers and other standard financial management systems and instruments
- Oversee payroll preparation for all WISH2ACTION locally paid staff carry out disbursement checks, ensure all supporting documentation is in order for audit trail
- Manage project time sheets and travel advances.
Budget Management & Reporting:
- Prepare monthly budget vs. monthly variance reports for Zambia National Ownership & Sustainability Lead and Technical Leads; support budget re-forecasting aligned to the project work plan; assist with budget development for new activities in Zambia.
Financial Integrity & Compliance:
- Implement internal controls; safeguard the company’s assets
- Ensure compliance to donor regulations and Zambian law in all project dealings
- Support and facilitate programme and company statutory audit procedures and ensure that audit findings are acted upon
- Take initiative on cutting costs to promote value for money.
WISH2ACTION financial reporting:
- Work in close collaboration with the Programme & Operations Officer to ensure activity costs are accurately coded for onward submission to the Regional Finance & Administration Manager and the London Programmes Management and Finance Teams.
- Oversee all project administrations tasks, including petty cash, procurement, staff travel, and HR administration (including working closely with the Programmes & Operations Officer), review, update and adhere to country tax law and requirement.
Systems and Policies:
- Where necessary, support the development of programmatic finance policies, procedures, forms and tools.
- Where policies are developed, adhere and contribute to other Options’ policies.
Support Financial Audit Coordination:
Work with the Regional Finance & Administration Manager in coordinating Zambia financial programme and company statutory audits and liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of WISH2ACTION finances are maintained.
- Take responsibility for the procurement of IT Fixed Assets in line with the Options Procurement Policy, for the creation and maintenance of a Fixed Asset Register covering IT and associated assets and for the procurement and maintenance of an IT Support contract that is appropriate for the number of users that are supported.
- A degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce and chartered accountant or equivalent in Zambia.
- Significant experience supporting programme finances and administration of multiple years or donor-funded programmes in a similar role
- Experience of managing payroll and related systems and polices
- Experience providing administration and logistical support to team colleagues over multiple locations
- Experience in procurement according to best practice guidelines
- Experience working with international based consultants and colleagues and supporting travel and logistics
- Experience of working as part of an international organisational and providing reporting information; Strong analytical skills with experience in analysing and interpreting annual budgets, financial monitoring and financial reports
- Knowledge of working on donor funded multiyear health programmes in a public sector setting.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent planning and inter-personal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and cover multiple work streams simultaneously, to work independently, and as a team member, under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accounting/payroll software skills
- Naturally committed and hard-working, with ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge in using QuickBooks Accounting system.
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken French.
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Zambia-FAM–WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).