Dangote Industries zambia Ltd
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of routine maintenance and shutdown activities.
- Responsible for maintenance of records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance-related matters.
- Effectively plan and forecast the need for spares and manage inventory in order to ensure optimum stock levels at all times.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Plan and schedule maintenance work based on demand, workload, skill set, and available parts.
- Coordinate activities between operations and maintenance and with other departments/units as required.
- Produce weekly schedules, charts, backlog reports and periodic reports of maintenance activities for HOD, manager and Section head.
- Build short term and multi-month plans and schedules that minimize equipment downtimes and maximize safe/effective/efficient use of resources.
- Identify potential constraints/deficiencies that could impact schedule and recommend corrective actions.
- Stay abreast of the activities of mechanical engineering projects within the plant and use this information in planning and scheduling work.
- Assist in developing technical specifications for third party services.
- Work with relevant unit to develop and recommend changes to mechanical preventive and corrective maintenance and lubrication programs.
- Assist in the development of a stores plan for maintenance parts, supplies, materials and recommended inventory levels.
- Assist in identifying and recommending training needs, equipment, specifications, and standards to help maintain consistent, maintenance practices throughout the plant.
- Conduct weekly meetings with section heads for planning, scheduling, and coordinating.
- Track all equipment information, including spare parts and documentation.
- Establish efficient and effective materials planning procedures, methods and parameter applicable to different types and categories of materials in order to maintain cost effective and optimum levels.
- Maintain materials inventory by checking inventory levels and anticipating needed supplies.
- Ensure timely replenishment of spares and material through proper use of inventory system in order to support maintenance.
- Liaise with procurement department to place orders for required materials.
- Establish reports and measure item level analysis and take corrective/preventive actions in order to achieve and maintain desired service levels.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the HOD from time to time.
- Education and work experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor degree or its equivalent in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of eight (8) years demonstrated operating experience in cement plant operations and maintenance practices.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP – Preventive maintenance Module.
- Good knowledge of preventive maintenance principles and practices; planning methods and tools, including planning and scheduling software.
- Good knowledge of: the methods, practices, tools, equipment, material and safety procedures used in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to this emailbelow:
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Millwright Technician – Cement Plant Equipment”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.