The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health ProfessionsAct No. 24 of 2009. The Health Professions Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is ‘to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions.
The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following position:
- To manage and undertake the preparation of books of accounts and financial reports in order to enhance accountability of public funds.
- Manages and undertakes diligently the preparation of financial reports in order to facilitate decision making
- Manages and undertakes effectively the maintenance of books of accounts in order to account for financial resources
- Manages and undertakes timely preparation of the institutional budget in order to facilitate mobilization and allocation of resource
- Manages and undertakes effectively preparation of responses to audit queries in order to facilitate decision making
- Manages and undertakes timely banking of revenue collections in order to safeguard public funds
- Manages and undertakes effectively payments on behalf of the Council in order to ensure that the Council meets financial obligations
- Manages and undertakes the timely recoveries of loans, advances and other recoverable in order to facilitate repayments
- Manages and undertakes the timely development of individual and departmental work plans and performance appraisals in order to monitor and evaluate departmental and individual performance; and
- Manages and undertakes effectively the utilization of resources in order to attain the objectives of the department.
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Report to the Chief Accountant
- Bachelor of Accountancy from a recognised University with Full ACCA.
- Full Grade 12/ Form V School Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a reputable Organisation i.e. Regulatory
- Statutory board or Public Institutions will be an added advantage
- Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Able to write analytical and technical reports.
- Computer literate and Knowledgeable of all accounting packages.
How to Apply
Please, note that, only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
The Chief Executive Officer/Registrar,
Health Professions Council of Zambia,
7 Chaholi Road,
PO Box 32554,
Tel/Fax: +260211 239317
Only short listed candidates will be responded to and acknowledged by phone
“Promoting Quality Healthcare and Safeguarding the Public is Our Prime Concern"