Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to the installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and repair duties for the plant.
- Leads a group of team, coordinating together for satisfactory completion of specific tasks.
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and service facilities, machinery and equipment and perform or make recommendations regarding maintenance and repair activities.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance checks and servicing on equipment by implementing maintenance schedules.
- Perform corrective mechanical maintenance by troubleshooting the cause of malfunctions using visual inspection and precision measuring and testing instruments and replacing or repairing broken parts.
- Rebuild equipment as needed; dissemble and clean items; order replacement parts and repair mechanical malfunctions; reassemble and test items.
- Work with engineers as needed in order to complete assignments; provide input as requested regarding the design, installation and maintenance of systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics; provide Input and recommend changes on design blueprints as requested.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools used in the performance of assigned duties.
- Prepare reports, forms, correspondence and related documentation regarding assigned operations in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to safety orders and comply with established regulations in all aspects of work.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the engineers from time to time.
Education and Work Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- A Diploma or its Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Relevant Discipline.
- Two (2) to four (4) years cement plant work experience in Kilns, VRM’s, Crushers & Packing System, Pumps, Compressors, Hydraulics systems, Belt Vulcanizing etc.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP – PM Module.
- Knowledge of conveyor belt repairs, cold vulcanizing of fabric & steel chord belts, belt replacement etc.
- Knowledge of material handling.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager,
HR& Admin, and send them to
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Millwright Technician – Cement Plant Equipment”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.