John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: (1) Luaka, (1) Kabwe and (1) Ndola
- The Clerical Officer will be responsible for assisting the Senior Administration Officer and Officer Manager in the management of Inventory and Supplies including tracking movement/transfer of assets, consumption of supplies and maintaining and updating the Asset Management system (Asset Guard)
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing JSI’s office inventory & equipment and ensure the inventory list on Asset Guard application is up to date both for the Central/Provincial Office and supported facilities.
- Actively participate in the inventory and physical verification for all equipment in facilities and in the Central/Provincial Offices;
- Receiving of goods and coordinate distribution to the beneficiaries within the Province and ensuring that all necessary documents such as good dispatch notes are administered accordingly.
- Ensuring that the basement/storage facilities are kept clean at all times and inventory properly arranged and stored.
- Ensure all GRNs are in place to support payments to vendors for all goods received
- Maintain bin cards and other stock tracking systems for all goods received and dispatched
- Work in collaboration with users of all received items and ensuring that they are communicated to in a timely manner of all goods received.
- Collaborate with the Logistics/Procurement Office of all goods yet to be received
- Work in Liaison with the facilities in Charge and SAFE staff in the facilities with regards to inventory assigned to facilities.
- Maintain the safe storage of all consignments by ensuring that stored items are under lock at all times
- Any other tasks that may assigned by the supervisor
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any business related discipline;
- Experience in this field is an added advantage but fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- Excellent written and verbal English skills are required;
- Ability to easily communicate in a clear and courteous manner with all colleagues and vendors;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision;
- Previous work experience with USAID and other donor-funded projects highly preferred; or experience working with an INGO is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Paying attention to detail is an essential attribute for this position
How to Apply
Please send email applications, with the position and desired location (if applicable) you are applying for in the subject line, to: OR send hardcopy applications, with the position clearly marked on the envelope to:
The Human Resources Manager,
45/5B Incito Office Complex,
Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga,
PO Box 51472,