WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Completion of secondary school education. First degree in Economics, Nutrition Agriculture, Development Studies, Environmental and Natural Resource Management, Climate Change or related qualifications.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English.
The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office. At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
- To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Support WFP intervention’s of promoting the production and consumption of nutritious foods through an integrated multi sectoral approach in Central, western and eastern province.
- Support roll of training on key nutrition, health, financial services and climatic smart agriculture.
- Support the Programme Officer (Provincal Coordntor ) in lead convertoring communities and school learners in targeted areas have improved nutrition and knowledge on Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices.
- Support the Monitoring the implementation of improved nutrition and knowledge on Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices among Communities and school learners in targeted areas (Central, Western and Southern).
- Provide Techincal support to implementating Partners in promoting the access and consumption of nutritious foods for households through production and markets at district.
- Support field coordination with cooperating partners at district and provincial, including around operational planning and coordination of national level advocacy where appropriate.
- Support the roll out of savings and financial services components of the project are implemented.
- Provide training to cooperating partner staff to implement the relevant components; and write or guide writing of field training materials.
- Be the provincial focus person for responsible for regularly reporting progress of activities and potential management issues to district and provincial levels.
- Support the development of project communications and reporting material.
- Supporting the organization of project events at district and provincial level and contribute to the organization of events at national level.
- Ensure the required consultancies and service contracts are in place to support project assessments and implementation.
- Ensure the documentation of project processes and contribute to the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist in Programme Officer related duties and other duties as prescribed by Programme Officer (Project Coordinator).
- Support any M & E duties assigned by M&E unit.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Other specific job requirements:
- Ability to manage and coordinate M&E staff both internal and external.
- Proven ability in the design and management of complex M&E systems.
- Ability to liaise and deliver in partnership with government, NGOs and other actors.
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyze data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work in a team, and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
- Effective and timely interaction with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally.
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and use of statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, EPI Info or any other package) is a must.
- Knowledge and experience in database management and programming will be an added advantage.
Desired experiences for entry into the role:
- At least five (2) years graduate experience with an International Organization or Government Unit responsible for project management and/or management of information systems.
- He/she should have a thorough knowledge of project planning, management and monitoring and evaluation systems as well as a high level of analytical capability and excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: