We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully leading the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in SRH in Zambia and contribute to the overall national ownership goals. S/he will work in close collaboration with national and local government counterparts, consortium partners, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
The National Ownership and Sustainability Lead is Options country lead on the WISH2ACTION (W2A) programme in Zambia. S/he is responsible for delivering Options’ approach to achieving national ownership and sustainability pathways of change, working closely with their team and other consortium partners in Zambia to ensure strategic linkages with other outputs.
The post holder will directly act as the advisor in one of the three areas listed below. The remaining 2 areas will be supported by 2 technical staff who will be managed by the post holder:
- Policy and Planning Advisor
- Evidence and Accountability Advisor
- Health Financing Advisor
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least a Master’s Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience in a highly competitive and busy work environment, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance for health.
- Work experience and knowledge of priority SRH/FP issues facing women and girls in Zambia.
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Zambia-NO&S Lead–WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 31st January: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Zambia.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.