Caritas Czech Republic An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, implementing social and livelihood programs in Lusaka for refugees and host community, is looking for a Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for securing implementation of Lusaka Urban Refugees project running under the CCR office in Lusaka and overall management of the office and its employees. The Coordinator is subordinate to and reports directly to Field Offices Coordinator.
- Responsible for overall management and coordination of the urban refugees activities and quality of implementation
- Works closely with Field Offices Coordinator on annual planning and reporting and overall management and coordination of refugee program
- Prepares monthly expenditure and work plans, monthly reports and other relevant documents to the CCR mission & donors (including the needs for subordinates, logistics are met in advance)
- Implementing project activities according to the project document focusing on quality delivery and project impacts and results (in line with organizational and donor guidelines, manuals and official legal procedures of partners).
- Works closely with M&E Officer to ensure quality of implementation and that all impact and performance indicators are being fulfilled
- Active participation in development of suitable livelihood strategies and social services for Persons of Concerns in close cooperation with Field Offices Coordinator, Social Services Officer, Livelihoods Officer, M&E Officer and Project Accountant
- Keeping field office staff personal documentation
- Maintaining good order in records and official documentation
- Representation of CCR on various occasion (together with the mission management)
- Promoting CCR, ensuring the CCR visibility
- Communication with respective organizations, institutions and donors M&E
- Contributing to the mission strategic planning together with the mission management
- Contributing to the resource mobilization and supporting the new fund opportunities
- Compile lessons learned, identified best practices, participate on development and update of relevant tools, guidelines and manuals, local expert pool and expert resources
- Regular financial management/reporting together with Field Offices Coordinator and Head of Programmes
- Managing and applying CCR financial rules during the project implementation
- Ensuring CCR financial rules and procedures are in line with donor regulations
- Commitment to Caritas vision, mission and values is essential.
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work in international development environment
- Minimum of Bachelor university degree in a social/development studies, international relations, economics, public administration or other relevant field; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in project management and project leadership (HR) at least 3 years
- Min. 1 year of experience in the livelihoods and/or refugees sectors
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Good knowledge of leadership, especially in multicultural environment, at least 1 year experience from managing/coordinating small team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in accordance with the Caritas Code of Ethics
Duty station: Makeni Field Office, Lusaka, Zambia
Working Time: 5 Days a week
Starting date: March 2018
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the, 30th January 2019 17:00 to the following email address: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post:
Business Development Officer. For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording: