The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide an effective and efficient prosecution service to the public in an accountable and transparent manner, in order to uphold the rule of law, justice and human rights”. In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor
Duty Station: Copperbelt Province – Ndola Office
Main Job Purpose:
- To undertake the performance of audit functions in the Institution in order to enhance oversight in the management of public resources.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Undertakes effectively internal audit operations in order to enhance their performance and ensure adherence to standards.
- Undertakes effectively, the review of risk management processes in order to ascertain their effectiveness.
- Conduct effectively Information Technology audits on Information Systems in order to identify risks in the adoption and use of existing and emerging technologies.
- Conduct effectively compliance audits in order to foster adherence to legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Undertakes timely, special and planned audit assignments in order to provide assurance on internal controls and governance systems.
- Undertakes timely, the production of internal audit and management reports in order to facilitate informed decision.
- Undertakes timely, the provision of advisory and technical services in order to inform decision making.
- Undertakes effectively, the provision of Secretariat Services to the Audit Committee in order to facilitate their operations.
- Undertakes regularly, the implementation of Quality Assurance and Improvement Programs in order to facilitate the provision of effective audit services.
- Undertakes effectively, the maintenance of internal audit database in order to facilitate tracking of audit recommendations for informed decision making.
- Undertakes effectively, development and implementation of audit risk interventions/initiative in order to reduce the impact of possible risk.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor of Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of three (03) years of relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Member to relevant Professional Body.
Skills and Other Attributes:
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Able to write comprehensive reports
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Applications accompanied with certified copies of Academic Certificates and Curriculum Vitae, should be directed to the Office ofthe Chief Administrator using the following address:
The Chief Administrator,
National Prosecution Authority, Plot BLX 29B,
PO Box 33970,
This advert can also be accessed on the following website: www.npa.gov.zm
NPA is an equal opportunity employer. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.