The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- Operational Lead for Finance and Business Support functions of the Corporate Services function at the British High Commission.
- Back up the Transport and Logistics Coordinator with regards protocol functions of the team.
Roles and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Deputy Corporate Services Manager, the post holder will perform, but not be restricted to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage post cash box and monitoring of residual cash imprest for Residence, Transport and PPA including completing Network Post Account for CSM’s approval.
- Monitoring of official bank accounts ensuring a positive balance including arranging and preparing inter-account bank transfers
- Manage the Global Transaction Processing Centre (GTPC) by ensuring timely submission of staff advances and their clearance, processing of debit memos for UK based staff and approval of weekly payment batch for both internal and external suppliers.
- Managing and monitoring FPCI scores through fortnight PRISM housekeeping in conjunction with the team and GTPC.
- Review and monitoring of post’s annual funding profile in conjunction with the Deputy CSM and Regional Finance Manager.
- In conjunction with the Transport and Logistics Coordinator, ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting of the Transport budget.
- Preparation of corrective journals for any identified misposts in post’s overall budget.
Business support: 40%
- Maintain up to date Geographical Expenditure Guide.
- Manage the Corporate checks calender
- Perform residual HR functions including;
- Logistical support for recruitment e.g. post adverts locally, set up interview facilities; circulate relevant papers to the interview panel.
- Oversea induction planning i.e. work with the Administrative Officer to draft programmes for new staff (incorporating input from the officer’s line manager) and prepare induction pack
- Maintain personal files, incorporating leave, absence records and appraisals, in accordance with FCO procedures.
- Ensure pension contribution schedules are submitted to the pension provider and coordinate pension pay out for departed staff.
- Collate payroll data for DFID and FCO LE staff for submission to the pay and benefits team at the HR hub.
- Back up the Transport and Logistics Coordinator in overseeing protocol administration with respect to customs clearance and registration of vehicles (official and private), insurance and road tax, applications for driving licences etc drafting Note Verbales, collating and submitting all the relevant paperwork to the relevant authorities; customs clearance of UAF and freight, diplomatic bags (QM only), office equipment.
- Spot-check the Transport and Logistics team with regards compliance to KPIs and SLAs.
- Any other tasks agreed with the Line Manager
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: